Carbon SX5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy shite, nice quick launch, she definitely sounds mean. Hopefully you get her locked down and bugs worked out I cant wait to see some serious action, it's actually sounded a little more tame than the 88 but like you said shes rich still. I'm stoked 💪💪💪

Little update, adjusted the clutch to 18mm so it should be a good bit more aggressive. Removed the bonehead trans plate/ front chassis plate carbon pieces to replace with the alx titanium set when it arrives in a few days. Also replaced the wiper arm with and hpi one, installed Galante limiting straps

Best upgrade I made is the dual wheel bonehead wheelie bar. It's about a half inch wider so hoping for a little more stability with wheelies. 20220618_144935.jpg20220618_144946.jpg20220618_144951.jpg20220618_144954.jpg20220618_145005.jpg

What gearing you running John? she's not even topping out💪😳

32/46 no it definitely isn't, kind of scared as the ground isn't very smooth. Could of had alot more damage just from the small speed runs I did. So far, shock tower is busted, the servo saver is bent and so are the pins that hold it in place.

With the brp setup the low end and Power band was excellent, but I swapped to the 190mm alx spikes and the killed the power down low as you can see in the video. Alx is sending me a few things to test for him with this motor to be able to pull that gearing and the size of the tire. We will see soon.

Last edited:
Replaced the servo saver, and servo saver posts as they were bent to hell. Also have a bent heim joint on the front arms so ordered those. Testing this torque pipe on it to hopefully help the bottom end out, but we will see. All in a testing phase right now to see what works best and what it can do20220712_193903.jpg20220712_193900.jpg20220712_193855.jpg20220712_193907.jpg

Did you adjust your clutches John?
Yea I did, they are at 18mm right now. Alx wants to wait to adjust them more or change gearing. Wants to test this pipe on it first and next a new cylinder if this doesn't work. Basically trying to get the most out of it with this gearing and taller tires

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks