CEN Racing's New Short Course Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
replaced the Throttle/Brake servo with a spankin' new Airtronics 94357 and it's an AMAZING difference in throttle response and braking! :D

Only problem is,.....the bigger the R/C, the more bolts/screws wanna shake loose. :(

I found the throttle and brakes good on mine, this thing stops on a sixpence!! It's the steering lock mine's having trouble with :-/ not too bad going one way but the other is completely crap. Adjusted the servo arm to counteract it and set things up again but on the whole the lock isn't the best I've come across. Nevermind, otherwise I think it's a great truck! :cool:

I found the throttle and brakes good on mine, this thing stops on a sixpence!! It's the steering lock mine's having trouble with :-/ not too bad going one way but the other is completely crap. Adjusted the servo arm to counteract it and set things up again but on the whole the lock isn't the best I've come across. Nevermind, otherwise I think it's a great truck! :cool:

I hear ya. when I work the steering bellcrank by-hand, I find that it wants to "click" at the end of steering to the right. Thought it was the steering hubs, or even the linkage itself, but haven't found the issue as of yet. Having too much fun tuning it and getting more and more HP outta this thing
:cool:

Yeah nice one! Mines got the stock filter n pipe on it at the mo', even for a stock pipe it's quite loud.. When I get home from working away I'm going to disconnect the steering from the servo, and move the steering all the way from lock to lock, see what is stopping it from going any further. I've got another filter there, going to look into a tuned pipe from somewhere too, can't find em in the UK though..

Hey guys. Im from New Zealand and have just bought one of these myself....much to the disgust
of all the largescale dudes here!haha. I like to be different. The steering click at the end of the travel is the arms that connect the hubs to the inner steering assembly rubbing on the front diff housing. I just trimmed the housing a little to get clearance. I also found putting the arms on top of the hubs instead of underneath stops them fouling on the lower A arms at full lock. This may stuff up the geometry but ive found it to work fine and now I have massive travel lock to lock!

Hi. Sorry to bump up this old tread. I was wondering i anybody drives these any more and in that case how they are holding togeter. I am thinking about getting one of these, but in the brushless version ''cen matrix 5e sc''. I found a good deal on one about $850 rtr incl. battery (I live i Denmark so I guess you cant compare prices to the US).

Best regards Christian B.

Yeah I'm still using mine, and in all honesty it hasn't bust at all... I moved the steering arms and attached them above the hub arms, that sorted out the clicking issue and them sometimes snagging. I also picked up a tuned pipe for it, massive difference!!! It's quick! I thought the plastic gears would've been eaten by now considering the abuse it's had. However there are a set of metal gears for it available should that ever happen. Overall I'm impressed with it, it drives well and handles the terrain like my FG's and the like, absorbs the bumps and looks great when it's drifting around the bends and kicking up the dirt :)

Hey t2boats thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it still holds up. I'm going for the brushless one. They have used hobby wing elektronics, whitch have held up great for me in the past. Besides I have a stak of lipo packs from othe rc's I can use. It's gona be pretty exiting for me since its my firs large scael rc. I'm also thinking of getting the spear parts for the mt version so i can conver it into a monster.

Last edited:
I'll do that. If the stok power is't enough I'll try the hobby king 1/5 stuff, it 5800 watt brushless set, whitch puts out about 7,5 bhp. That's gotta be plenty to make it exiting ;-)

cen racing 1/8 scale colossus brushless truck

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone have the cen colossus 1/8 brushless mt. If so how has your experience been with it? Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Not sure if it's still being produced, I haven't seen them regularly advertised as an available model here in the UK for some time. I bought mine 3 or 4 yrs ago now from an old mate who was retiring and closing down his model shop, the matrix was left over stock which I picked up for a snip at just £300 ready to run.. Normally £495 here! It's been a brill machine, only performance mods I've done is the tuned pipe (which really has made a mahoosive difference!) I also taped up the underside of the shell and fitted foam pads to the top of the rollcage and between each mount for when it tumbles around - as a result the shell is still intact!
It's always started so easily too, haven't touched the needle settings, whilst it works so well I'd like to leave it well alone. Still haven't got around to fitting a second steering servo, must do that soon. Had it on the beach a few months ago - best fun ever! Drifted superbly..
When I first saw it I thought it immediately resembled an MCD race runner buggy, same chassis layout n all that, I just presumed these same models had been produced under licence from a sole design house somewhere.. Anyhow - I can highly recommend one if anyone's thinking about a short course truck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks