Choke removed from 1107

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niz55

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
So I went ahead and removed the choke from my 1107 to get bit more flow and also make it easier to start due to having the turtle racing intake that makes it really difficult to reach the choke. I went ahead and filled the holes with jb weld where the choke was and now it is incredibly hard to start the car after is been sitting over night. I did have to dump little bit of fuel through the spark plug hole and started just fine and ran the car for 10min.

My understanding was the 1107 is the same as a 990 but with a choke. Are the pop off springs any different between the two?

Picture of the 1107 with choke removed. All the holes for the choke level are filled with jb weld .

PXL_20210909_014853381.jpg

I don't think you should have plugged the pulse port hole
If looking for a mod carb grab the 1048 or one already modified with a oversized venturi, no primer and no choke. Should only have to cover intake to prime with a couple extra light prime up pulls

The pulse is not covered it is on the other side.

However I did get it started very easily. I just had to hold the throttle open and prime the motor with the pull start and afterwards 2 pulls and it started .

I will look into the 1048. I did ordered the 990 bearing mod from ddm and I will try that out also and see if I notice any difference between the two.

The pulse is not covered it is on the other side.

However I did get it started very easily. I just had to hold the throttle open and prime the motor with the pull start and afterwards 2 pulls and it started .

I will look into the 1048. I did ordered the 990 bearing mod from ddm and I will try that out also and see if I notice any difference between the two.
If it's a 32 cc the 990 will be too small a venturi for the motor

The 1107 is a bigger carb then the 990, performance is similar between the two. I wouldn't have bothered removing the choke, your not gonna notice much of a difference, if any. It's not really restricting that much flow, and makes starting much easier.
It may work then
I was told it wasn't up to the job and the 1107 was the recommended carb for a 32 :unsure:
The 1107 is the factory carb on a g320 engine, and in stock form is rated up to a 50 cc engine. The 990 was an up graded carb from the 668. The 990 is also rated up to 50 cc in stock trim.
Pop pressure is very high from the factory 99% of the time. You gotta remember these carbs, or variations of the base carb are used on a lot of small engines and typically isn't tailored to each customer unless something specific is needed, ie special choke and throttle linkage, fuel inlet, pulse hole/fitting etc. They basically go down through a spec sheet and say yep this one should work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks