Clubin’s 12s MCD build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you gotta share the magic!! how do you get a saga pinion to fit? :ROFLMAO: You're going to love those lipo btw, I just got them for my 12s xr5 and rovan f5 builds. I also got some 9500 HRB's and cnhl 9500's and all 3 pairs have been great with 12s so far.

How did you get pinion to fit!! 🤣
No pinion yet.
My order. IMG_8828.jpegIMG_8827.jpeg
900105X - 5 Series Electric Motor Conversion Kit 56-70mm for X-SNAP × 1

That’s the kit I ordered. It appears to be used with x-snap. So I don’t need pinion. I’ll use my 2 speed instead. Seems odd to use an electric motor with a clutch though?

Last edited:
No pinion yet.
My order. View attachment 88189View attachment 88190

That’s the kit I ordered. It appears to be used with x-snap. So I don’t need pinion. I’ll use my 2 speed instead. Seems odd to use an electric motor with a clutch though?
Why 2 speed with an electric?

No pinion yet.
My order. View attachment 88189View attachment 88190

I don't know anything about gas rigs but I know regular pinions do not fit on these mcd rigs. IT's one of the main things I've been trying to get used to ever since I jumped in a recently. Pinion options are HORRIBLE for these rigs.

I had never even seen a "clutch bell pinion" before I heard of mcd lol.

1689355713323.png

The biggest pinion I've found in this style is 26t @ cardinal racing. literally couldn't find any one else who carries anything bigger. Thankfully I realized I could manage without it. My poor XR5 is already geared for like 100 mph and it's probably too much :ROFLMAO:

Ok. Well. That sort of makes sense. Dammit. I gotta call Maher.
He is such a great guy! been answering all my questions and I know a few of them have been stupid. Waiting on him to get the FT spec buggy in stock for my 2nd mcd rig. :cool:

I was going to buy the buggy with the idea of bashing it a little with some jumps but I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't be trying to send an mcd rig at all :ROFLMAO: :eek:

He is such a great guy! been answering all my questions and I know a few of them have been stupid. Waiting on him to get the FT spec buggy in stock for my 2nd mcd rig. :cool:

I was going to buy the buggy with the idea of bashing it a little with some jumps but I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't be trying to send an mcd rig at all :ROFLMAO: :eek:
Are you in Canada? I had to order the gears from Taylor in uk, but shipping from there is fast.

Couldn’t get ahold of Maher but mike at Taylor said the two speed can be used with everything I already have. Don’t know why a two speed would be good though. It’s just a basher. Not a speed runner. And it’s odd that you still use the x-snap clutch.

Couldn’t get ahold of Maher but mike at Taylor said the two speed can be used with everything I already have. Don’t know why a two speed would be good though. It’s just a basher. Not a speed runner. And it’s odd that you still use the x-snap clutch.
I’d try to avoid using a 2 speed with electric from what I saw with a guys rig I run with is that it offers no benefits

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks