Clubin’s 12s MCD build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 s was no match for the McD tires. Blew out a rear tire. Great bash though. I have my akill tires on it for next run. View attachment 89236View attachment 89237View attachment 89238View attachment 89239View attachment 89245

If any one is curious this w5 was a Taylor 71 for a bit. Well. 12 s way way more power!
Man I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who hasn't blown out an mcd tire. I thought I was being hard on them hoonin around parking lot on 12s but apparently not. 🤣

Right now I got an FG running almost the same electronics as you along with some SAGA MOD1.5 gears - I just ordered a W5 Max FTR and I'm wondering if I'd be able to reuse those gears as a pinion or is my only option getting that shaft attachment to use MCD pinions... apologies if you already answered this earlier in the thread.

As far as tires I ordered some proline badlands MX43 and will reinforce them with some kevlar fishing line between the treads so hopefully no ripped tires.

Right now I got an FG running almost the same electronics as you along with some SAGA MOD1.5 gears - I just ordered a W5 Max FTR and I'm wondering if I'd be able to reuse those gears as a pinion or is my only option getting that shaft attachment to use MCD pinions... apologies if you already answered this earlier in the thread.

As far as tires I ordered some proline badlands MX43 and will reinforce them with some kevlar fishing line between the treads so hopefully no ripped tires.
It is impossible to use a standard pinion gear it needs to be the McD gears. No way around it.

Buy the rovan one. Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$11.61 30% Off | Motor Output Shaft Fit for 1/5 Rovan F5 Truck MCD XS-5 RR5 Electric Rc Car PARTS
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPz3Px4 Look back on page 2 I drilled a second set screw in.

It is impossible to use a standard pinion gear it needs to be the McD gears. No way around it.

Buy the rovan one. Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$11.61 30% Off | Motor Output Shaft Fit for 1/5 Rovan F5 Truck MCD XS-5 RR5 Electric Rc Car PARTS
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPz3Px4 Look back on page 2 I drilled a second set screw in.
Thanks for pointing that out! Just ordered some. I believe the roller comes with 21t/64t ratio. Does the MAX4 fit with that ratio? I planned on seeing it first then ordering extra ratios if there were any issues.

12 s was no match for the McD tires. Blew out a rear tire. Great bash though. I have my akill tires on it for next run. View attachment 89236View attachment 89237View attachment 89238View attachment 89239View attachment 89245

If any one is curious this w5 was a Taylor 71 for a bit. Well. 12 s way way more power!
Soooooooo I just blew my tires on my new mcd w5, how are those akil tires? I definitely need something that can hold up to 12s power. Makes me miss my mx43's and got me thinking about putting them on here lol.

Soooooooo I just blew my tires on my new mcd w5, how are those akil tires? I definitely need something that can hold up to 12s power. Makes me miss my mx43's and got me thinking about putting them on here lol.
You don’t hurt the akill tires. I have both versions. The stock tires don’t take power very well.

You don’t hurt the akill tires. I have both versions. The stock tires don’t take power very well.
Yea the street tires are great but the tires that come on the rr5 and w5 are worthless on 12s. I got some Akil tires on dbxl wheels coming but I tried the mx43 on there and they're awesome. Thing drives around like a tank 🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks