Clutch arm removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy james

Hey all,

The clutch arm on my baja 5 t is wearing super thin on one side, see the picture. I have noticed a little play in the arm 2 mm where you can move it up and down, I’m thinking that why it’s wearing on one side, maybe. Do I need a fly wheel removal or something or is that normal. I have another clutch coming but your thoughts would be great. I have checked in the pull start but it all seems to be locked in place, the center bolt is secure. When I try and pull the clutch arm toward myself there is movement 2 mm again, even when I move it the clutch arm 360 degrees I hear a slight touching noise, scraping but very little.

Over to you all.

Best

Attachments

• 9F0B34B8-F92F-4C3F-8F57-0DC15D60B670.jpeg
    9F0B34B8-F92F-4C3F-8F57-0DC15D60B670.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 36
Yea that I can understand thought it was baja related since this is in the baja section. If its the clutch holder your referring to @Jimmy james that clutch holder should have ZERO play at all angles...if your bearings are good then maybe it spun on the crank at some time and messed up the crank side as there is no key way it just relies on tight friction fit

Hey all,

The clutch arm on my baja 5 t is wearing super thin on one side, see the picture. I have noticed a little play in the arm 2 mm where you can move it up and down, I’m thinking that why it’s wearing on one side, maybe. Do I need a fly wheel removal or something or is that normal. I have another clutch coming but your thoughts would be great. I have checked in the pull start but it all seems to be locked in place, the center bolt is secure. When I try and pull the clutch arm toward myself there is movement 2 mm again, even when I move it the clutch arm 360 degrees I hear a slight touching noise, scraping but very little.

Over to you all.

Best
Do you have a mix match of clutch bolts holding clutch on. I forget but which one but theres a small shank bolt and 1 that's is larger. Small 1 in bigger hole would move 1 of your clutch pads out and rub the bell. Just a thought.

i would go with everyone above and say yer crank bearing on clutch side is toast mate,
check the flywheel side for up and down movement as well, and also check the flywheel to see if it has scrape marks from the coil on it,

Ok fair enough, so I need a fly wheel removal to see all is in order with the bearing etc.. it’s just on the clutch side they seems to be movement.
What is the crank bearing size, I can’t judge by the drawing..

When fixing the clutch arm to the mount all the correct washer and bolts are correct in place for for info

Thanks again for your help lads

Attachments

• FFDEE09E-74EE-45CB-9900-FFED776E1116.png
    FFDEE09E-74EE-45CB-9900-FFED776E1116.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ok fair enough, so I need a fly wheel removal to see all is in order with the bearing etc.. it’s just on the clutch side they seems to be movement.
What is the crank bearing size, I can’t judge by the drawing..

When fixing the clutch arm to the mount all the correct washer and bolts are correct in place for for info

Thanks again for your help lads
tbh mate i would check everything there is,
the scraping sound could be the coil catching on the flywheel on the opposite side,
if yer clutch side bearing is done for then its more than likely that the flywheel side is well on its way an all,
is the black dust/crap behind the clutch perch dry ? if its a tad wet then probably needs seals as well,
the above is just my opinion mate, but if it was mine i'd be doing a full on strip down and check it all (y)(y)

Ok I will take it all down with the flywheel key, but what are the bearing sizes which I can’t find in the book. Maybe I need to order them soon. Best

Ok I will take it all down with the flywheel key, but what are the bearing sizes which I can’t find in the book. Maybe I need to order them soon. Best
if you look up your engine on the website you buy from then it will state or should state what bearing/seals are compatible for your engine mate (y) ,
just noticed you're in paris so don't know where you order from over there,

Cracking work lads, I will rip the babe down and check it out.

But this is the detail in attachments.

Best

Attachments

• 15EB0125-B91C-4E2E-886B-C4497C7938AF.png
    15EB0125-B91C-4E2E-886B-C4497C7938AF.png
    340.8 KB · Views: 17
Here we go with the update,
Ok taken the flywheel off and it scraping the coil, so this evening I will take off the clutch side and dig down for the crank case. This should be fun but I have Belgium beer so there is hope.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks