clutch carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ALX hubs cost 15 Euro, and 30Euro to ship to canada... so $95 CAD for 2
Detroit costs $25 and $11 to ship.... so about $82 Canadian for 2.... hmmm... which is the better value :p Steel vs Aluminum??

I am getting stock discs and ninja star locally for cheap... but then I see this from the same store:

large-INTC7952.jpg
Integy brake... anyone have experience with these?
It is $45 CAD and local... what do you guys think?

So ALX hubs cost 15 Euro, and 30Euro to ship to canada... so $95 CAD for 2
Detroit costs $25 and $11 to ship.... so about $82 Canadian for 2.... hmmm... which is the better value :p Steel vs Aluminum??

I am getting stock discs and ninja star locally for cheap... but then I see this from the same store:

View attachment 65497
Integy brake... anyone have experience with these?
It is $45 CAD and local... what do you guys think?
I'd do spend the extra 13 bucks for the steel ones. Haven't tried those brakes, I have rcr brakes and they are badass

I'd do spend the extra 13 bucks for the steel ones. Haven't tried those brakes, I have rcr brakes and they are badass
So a word of warning...
I ordered the parts from ALX. On paper the price difference is worth having a steel part vs aluminum (my opinion)...
The downside, DHL charged an extra $30 [for duties ($6) plus processing fee ($15) plus taxes]... so it was a lot more expensive than I anticipated... They arrive today supposedly, will show some pics when I unbox.

Another word of warning....
The hubs came and they are not usable at all......
They came with the set pin to hold it on the layshaft... they forgot to thread the hole so you can actually screw it in...
On top of that i stripped a head that holds the orange gear plate to the clutch carrier... so I am double-y pissed now!!!!

Another word of warning....
The hubs came and they are not usable at all......
They came with the set pin to hold it on the layshaft... they forgot to thread the hole so you can actually screw it in...
On top of that i stripped a head that holds the orange gear plate to the clutch carrier... so I am double-y pissed now!!!!
Talk to Alx, I'm sure he'll sort you out with some new hubs. That's not right at all, shame about the clutch carrier ?

Talk to Alx, I'm sure he'll sort you out with some new hubs. That's not right at all, shame about the clutch carrier ?
I got the screw out... dremmeled a slot and got it out... pain!
Question on the ALX hub... it looks like it is shorter than stock.. Is this normal?
IMG_20201106_202416.jpg
Also here is some comparison of my current brakes vs the new one... note I traced out the inside "hex"
IMG_20201106_201611.jpg
Kept getting pounded and flowering outwards every time you hit the gas...

Yeah looks like your old disks are hammered mate.
Yeah... thats what got me down this path... they got really hammered, and flared... which in turn would lock the brakes, which in turn toasted my spurs...
Now trying to fix it with new plates and new brake hub...
never ending saga...

You ordered 2 and they both don't have threads? ?I better check mine. Alex will get you right tho
Yeah, both...
What kills me too is having paid duties on top of shipping.. So if ALX sends me 2 new ones I will probably get dinged again on shipping duties!!! $30 each time... really upsetting right now... I know mistakes happen, and if you guys say he is good for it, great... it's the incidentals that go along with the mistakes that really burn...

I'd personally get a tap, and thread it. A tap is well under $30.00.
Edit, of still complain to them about the issue regardless of what you do.
Not so simple... you would need to drill out the one hole to the thread size and then tap... So I would have twice the chance of messing up... it is also a steel hex, so I would need a good drill press to make sure I get it right...

Not so simple... you would need to drill out the one hole to the thread size and then tap... So I would have twice the chance of messing up... it is also a steel hex, so I would need a good drill press to make sure I get it right...
You could do that in a vice with pistol drill, you already have a pilot hole, a larger drill bit will follow that. If memory serves me right that grub screw pin is M5 thread, 4.2mm drill bit, the pin is 3mm. Stepping up from 3mm to 4.2mm in steel is nothing, your problem will be is if its hardened steel or tool steel, draw a file over it, if the file takes a bite its normal steel, if the file doesn't mark it then your gonna have trouble.
Also check sizes of the pin before drilling and tapping just to confirm.

No it is just that simple. Drill it and tap it. No need for a press. Hell I'd do it with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

I would contact Alex. I'm sure he'll make right and send you new ones free of charge.
Still waiting for a response from ALX...
And as an aside... I am not going to finish machining these myself for the following reasons: I don't have the right tools.
I do get the practical argument in just threading the parts myself... But, when you end up spending $100 on a pair of parts, you do not expect to finish the manufacturing process at home. It makes no sense why this would be acceptable...
If push comes to shove, I know I can find someone to do it...
BTW- still fuming over this... all weekend...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks