Clutch Dragging.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wooden fence post. Went too wide in a turn. The outside front tire hooked the post.

WVNed, ouch! the endless money pit of 5th scale... The good thing is the chassis can be bought for less than 30 dollars, for a 5th scale is not bad at all.

Osky this is the Killer Bee I got on the baja, highly recommended.

Attachments

• Super Bee.jpg
    Super Bee.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 8
I have a new chassis here already and the front half of the car stripped down. I installed that Kill switch before I ran it. Works great. Hopefully I will get the rear stripped today and refill the diff with 20,000 oil..

It did absolutely nothing, and.the jumpers kept falling off, pissed me off, chucked it in the garbage. Done, got it out of my life.

It did absolutely nothing, and.the jumpers kept falling off, pissed me off, chucked it in the garbage. Done, got it out of my life.
Mine works great. I guess it's like everything else, good ones and bad ones no matter what the brand or cost lol

Yeah, those Dynamite kill switch are garbage, mine somewhat works. DDM wanted to charge 15% restocking fee, naahh, leave it like it is.
Receiver has the factory fail safe in case it loses signal, or transmitter dies, and so on, plus the kill switch that I can turn off the engine.

Not even close to the performance and reliability of the Killer Bee, one of those things where its worth paying a premium.

** I have tried those 19.95 Ebay Kill switch, the seller sends them to me for free, stating V2 etc, new release, and still junk, they don't work, I got like three laying around. If you pay for shipping I will send you one of them for free (The Ebay china kill switchs), maybe it works on your setup. Tried with the KM radio and a Flysky and nothing.

Good choice on the Killer Bee, peace of mind is a plus.

Chassis transfer complete. It is a car again. Everything is tightened and threadlocked now. I put in the Vertigo clutch bell and a Turtle Racing gear plate.while it was apart and 20,000 oil in the diff.

Waiting on an exhaust gasket. Then I can break it again.

Fever is gone. Ran the car for a few minutes.

Tweaked the needles to get rid of the dead spots. It throws dirt for 20 feet behind both back tires and you can kick the tail out in corners. I really like to 20,000 diff oil.

Resurrecting the original post because I've had the same issue with the ddm and came across this.
There's a 2mm recess on the inside of the ddm. I'm told if you have a 1mm bell it will rub. The Vertigo vented hex bell is 3 mm.

OP probably had 2 mm movement in and out as well. Could have shimmed 2 mm on the inside to use the ddm but they don't tell you that. ddm are happy to sell to clone owners but they use the 'designed for hpi' excuse if you have an issue without stating anywhere that there may be compatability issues.

I'm assured by the manufacturer of another carrier that I won't have the issue because the bearings are flush on the inside. I've ordered one. Not sure on the movement in and out with the new carrier and the same bell (ordered a new one the same) but I know to look now and will use their bell if I need to. The poor experience means I now check for depth of the bell and any other issues.

TBH I think the ddm bell is garbage anyway. The tolerances on it are way too small. My bell was rubbing on a spot on the circumference as well. There might have been a high point on the bell due to a rust spot but there also would need to be a low point on the bell or for it to be out of round for it to only rub in one area.

Resurrecting the original post because I've had the same issue with the ddm and came across this.
There's a 2mm recess on the inside of the ddm. I'm told if you have a 1mm bell it will rub. The Vertigo vented hex bell is 3 mm.

OP probably had 2 mm movement in and out as well. Could have shimmed 2 mm on the inside to use the ddm but they don't tell you that. ddm are happy to sell to clone owners but they use the 'designed for hpi' excuse if you have an issue without stating anywhere that there may be compatability issues.

I'm assured by the manufacturer of another carrier that I won't have the issue because the bearings are flush on the inside. I've ordered one. Not sure on the movement in and out with the new carrier and the same bell (ordered a new one the same) but I know to look now and will use their bell if I need to. The poor experience means I now check for depth of the bell and any other issues.

TBH I think the ddm bell is garbage anyway. The tolerances on it are way too small. My bell was rubbing on a spot on the circumference as well. There might have been a high point on the bell due to a rust spot but there also would need to be a low point on the bell or for it to be out of round for it to only rub in one area.
PS: my issue was with a Rovan. Little left of Rovan though but the clutch carrier and I think the bell were Rovan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks