Clutch problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Can someone tell me I have a dbxl with a g 32 zenoth motor installed today. after 5 min of running it seemed to be slipping and made a noise . Is it the clutch cy clutch red spring .Or I think it's spinning on the crankshaft is this possible any one had this before ( the clutch bell was hot also I don't think the losi dbxl has a slipper clutch ? But I'm not sure. can't see one

G'day dougsr how's things mate the motor is mad brother this is what it needed just me mate hopeless with no knowledge yet so it's sucks . I red loctite on The clutch plate on the original change over from the 23 zenoth and it started slipping after 5 min then I tried removing the clutch plate and snapped the screw in crankshaft. Then put a new crankshaft in and started again. The motor is tuff but I can't workout what is going on with the clutch plate do thay normally slip or do I need better clutch.
G'day crew. just thought I'd let you
Know. I have booked in for my first race this Sunday ? Hope the g32 dbxl can handle

Last edited:
G'day dougsr how's things mate the motor is mad brother this is what it needed just me mate hopeless with no knowledge yet so it's sucks . I red loctite on The clutch plate on the original change over from the 23 zenoth and it started slipping after 5 min then I tried removing the clutch plate and snapped the screw in crankshaft. Then put a new crankshaft in and started again. The motor is tuff but I can't workout what is going on with the clutch plate do thay normally slip or do I need better clutch.
Know. I have booked in for my first race this Sunday ? Hope the g32 dbxl can handle

Hi Andrew
Where are you racing?

Hi andrew
I would open it up could be the clutch spring , id did not think it could go coz the look pretty tough but they do go south. best way to find the issue is to open and look. How you finding the 32? My rig has a stock G320R cant complain she flys:D(y)
just had a look yep you were right the screw holding the small gear on housing had moved? The bearing was out a bit so just put back together and ran seemed ok Thanks mate Andrew

G'day Phil hope all is well the tracks in Hallam, Melbourne Australia just going down at 730 I'm really not sure on process yet but will see will let you know thay might say no I joined last week but haven't been there yet. Now the 32 seems flooded or mixture screw is wrong I had trouble keeping it idiling . Then it wouldn't start and I touched the mixing screw on the right of the two mixing screws now I'm stuffed how many turns on 11somethig Darby cheers mate. Is it still raining up qld ( I never seen rain like that ever and I'm 49 good to hear from you regards Andrew. I'm just going out to retry starting this problem child mybe send down some matches

G'day Phil hope all is well the tracks in Hallam, Melbourne Australia just going down at 730 I'm really not sure on process yet but will see will let you know thay might say no I joined last week but haven't been there yet. Now the 32 seems flooded or mixture screw is wrong I had trouble keeping it idiling . Then it wouldn't start and I touched the mixing screw on the right of the two mixing screws now I'm stuffed how many turns on 11somethig Darby cheers mate. Is it still raining up qld ( I never seen rain like that ever and I'm 49 good to hear from you regards Andrew. I'm just going out to retry starting this problem child mybe send down some matches

Bit far for me to go watch so good luck with it.
Rain stopped last weekend.
Hopefully you'll have better weather on your next visit.

check out the pic
so 1 full turn = 360 degrees
3/8 of a turn = look at the pic
circle divided into 8
View attachment 47023
coz you are loosening the screw youll be going anti clockwise 7/8 is the last line before your at the top again
Thanks Doug will try now makes sense I've been doin 1 turn then almost a full one again backing it off a bit

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks