Come on Boys, Let's See 'em DBXL's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's my ride right after cruising around today! not the best looking one but it does the job!

list of upgrades
-X4 hostile mxt <have my friends bajas trenchers in front atm>
-jetpro pipe silenced
-28.5cc head kit
-SnR mud guards
-DGI upper arms in back
-Walbro 990 carb with velocity stack and a dt1 filter I believe it is
-turtle racing v2 pull start with outerwears
y5uganaj.jpgu3a5ymeh.jpg

Yea baby that's what I like to see, Awesome man to me the body means nothing, it's all about what can it take. Rock on

They're cheaper for you yanks lol. $20 to ship makes a difference in the decision. They're very nice and Im sure they work beautifully but I can make my own for way less than $50. Don't take it personally Customcvp lol

Now worries man, we all can make our own, protectors are for the guys that don't care about looks, lol and with an OBR Reed case 30.5 the poop is flying, You boys with the air filters hanging out the sides, I will have no problem beating you in any race, you won't make it to the end, that's right you guys don't run in the wet and snow and mud, nice groomed track for you guys, lol don't scratch it, lol keep the dirt out.

Lol you're probably right Al! Did you have to cut much of the cage out to make that Turtle fit? I was running mine on my muddy track today. I've cut the lexan and made a "fender" that covers the filter from getting nailed with dirt/mud/water. Today I ran the outerwear cover on the filter. I think it was choking the engine and flooding/quitting. Took the outerwear off, yanked the cord for a while and she fired up eventually.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 116
Yeah I'm not liking the filter set up I had...i really wanna get the turtle racing. but like marky was asking. not sure how it fits

dbxlmuddy_zpsf31da2bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Depends what you're running on. Those knobby tires work awesome in mud/soft stuff. It lets the mud escape from the tire. I'm running proline blockades for racing on loamy to harder packed dirt. I've also got a set of proline bow tie's that I haven't tried yet. They're the Baja 5b rears. I don't think rears will fit on the front of dbxl without the axle extenders. Looks like the rim would hit the steer knuckle.

I'm actually going to go with the front 5b tires on the front. The rears may be too fat and affect the steerability. I'll post pics in a few days like the rest of you have.

and they also seem to later forever! ha 10 tanks through now between mud/grass/concrete I can still see the little H's stamped in the knobbies

Ya but how are they on the track!? Oh ya, nevermind :lol: actually the xtr compound works very well on many surfaces. I have a set of badlands on my 8ight and they're pretty kick ass too. I've had them for a few seasons now and still have a ton of tread left. I wish they made them for 1/5 short course. They did make the for the 5b but discontinued them. The bow ties are very similar and I'm sure I'll love them.

Oh definitely SoCal! The idea of the track is to get around as quickly as possible and not let anyone pass you. Almost always on the edge, pushing the vehicle to its limits and sometimes beyond. Slamming into another vehicle (especially another 30-40 lb vehicle) can't be good for anything.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks