Come on Boys, Let's See 'em DBXL's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DBXL

Its got a Zen G320 with FID rattlesnake exhaust, center diff locked by Vertigo, R2C comp air filter, FLM CVD rear drive shaft, DDM velocity stack, Killer RC Super Bee kill switch, Proline Trenchers, Silverback Rc 5imian wheels, Silverback Rc V3 beadlocks, Fast Eddy sealed bearings through out, and custom rear aluminum spoiler:D

Great dbxl's in this thread!
Here is mine, still have things to mount, and moving out the CC XL2/780kv combo for some MGM/Lehner;

dsc06691-4a17f5e.jpg

dsc06700-4a17fa6.jpg

Are those HR Shock Caps a "True" Variable Volume addition or just a Bling addition?
How do you like them, would you buy them again if you had to?

Thanks
Lom

They are true. But the main reason i bought them is for the looks. Now i will like to try the losi 5 shocks, or the xcr 1000 shocks too.

Images not working, i give up. I did cut one bar out to fit and there is about a 1/4" gap between the cage and intake.

Last edited:
Got my beast going today, did a top end refresh on the reed case, it needed a new center diff case, Did the bearings, wheels, oh chrome molly basher series rods in front for steering. Still getting that right, made for the five. The battery box covers are so nice, I wish the fives were as nice with killer lids, get some pics up

It's getting there!

My DBXL currently.
ESP 28.5cc Race ported
VRC unsilenced pipe
Proline Trenchers on stock wheels
Killer Rc tall box lids with Aluminium roof lights
Front crawler made to fit led lghts
Clear body with carbon wrap and home made panels
Billet servo arms
Jofer skid plates
and other a few goodies
billet throttle crank, ext. a arms on order.

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3035.jpg
    IMG_3035.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 56
The trenchers look nice. Once i wear the stock tires, i will get those. What scheme /color you plan on the panels?

:cup-3:
My DBXL currently.
ESP 28.5cc Race ported
VRC unsilenced pipe
Proline Trenchers on stock wheels
Killer Rc tall box lids with Aluminium roof lights
Front crawler made to fit led lghts
Clear body with carbon wrap and home made panels
Billet servo arms
Jofer skid plates
and other a few goodies
billet throttle crank, ext. a arms on order.

Nice!

Ok this my not be for every one but I built a extra large Desert Buggy using a Losi LST plat form and stretched is 3'' more inches and used a Traxxas Summit transmission and lots of carbon fiber. I then went with 800 oz of steering torque using a pair of Hitec HV 7954 servos I also went with a HV micro servo so that the whole system runs on 7.4 volt using a BEC, to shift the 2 speed transmission that uses the Castle 1515 2200 kv motor and the Castle Sidewinder 6s lipo esc. The Lipos are a pair of 2s 9000Mah running in series to get 4s they are SMC lipo. The CNC Hunter beadlock wheels are from RC4WD and also the 8.58'' Roc Lox tires. It weights 19 pounds on a 17.5'' wheel base and is just a blast to drive!

Last edited by a moderator:
So far:

Have to figure out how to upload pics from my gallery

Zen 340 stroker with ESP full mod porting
Bartalone Pipe Unsilenced
TGN Redneck Air Filter
Outerwears all around (except shocks, my wife is making me some)
Turtle Racing Clutch Bell
Turtle Racing Motor Mount
Turtle Racing Clutch Housing
Losi Front / Rear / Bulkhead Chassis Brace
DGI Aluminum servo horns
Proline Blockades on Silverback 5imien w/ zero growth Hostile Foams
Proline Trenchers on stock rims and foams
Proline Bowties on 5B Split Six wheels
Vertigo Monster Locker Spool for center diff
Shock valve and rear spring upgrade
FLM dogbones / cups w/5mm pins at all four corners and drives
Custom wrap by Immersion DeSigns
DGI 23/58 pinion and spur combo
Grub screw shock mod with +20% springs (works fantastic, no more lawn darts)
Savox servos (235 and 236)
2S LiPo receiver pack

Some other things I can't remember.

can you elaborate more on the grub screw mod? how many holes did you plug? did you drill smaller ones? what weight fluid?

Absolutely. So there are two versions of shock pistons. The "older" style has four ~2.8mm (I think) holes. I used 4mm grub screws to close off two of the holes per piston. I believe the magic number for total opening diameter in a piston on the DB is around the 8mm mark if you are going to the DDM +20 springs and silicon shock oil.

Now, bear in mind this is not a perfect set-up. The more holes equating to the same total overall diameter is better as the fluid then flows in a more consistent pattern through the piston. With this being said, again, the mod I did is not perfect but it is FAR better than stock.

Another guy did a similar mod where he blocked off all 4 holes in the piston and then drilled 4 X 1.9 mm holes which apparently works very well, this is something I may try yet. Also, DDM does offer a DBXL shock rebuild kit which contains pistons with smaller holes X 8 I believe. I have yet to try them but I am going to give them a shot when I have time to do the shock tear-down... again hahaha:rolleyes:

Might be a good idea for us Dibby guys to start a thread on stock shock mods... what works what doesn't work. Obviously there will be uncontrolled factors such as individual driving styles but the tangibles such as "track" "field" "dirt pile" "road" could be categorized to break-down the mods and results.

Thoughts?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks