Considering another addition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja_killer

Hi Guys,

Just would like a little advice before purchasing, been out the hobby for almost 4 years after a bashing sesh went wrong with my baja 5T instead of investing money in getting it sorted i decided to leave it until now.

i've got the bug again for the once loved hobby, and looking to purchase a Losi 5ive T 2.0 specs look pretty decent for a stock car and looked on Modelsport for bundle pack 2 which is priced at £1600.

Do you think its worth the monies? any pros or cons on this particular model? any hop ups you recommend i should buy straight away apart from the obvious failsafes etc..

Just in 2 minds itching to get credit card out and buy but keep stopping myself and watching youtube videos instead and how to's ?

Thank you sir. The Rampage XT was a vanity build for me. Basically my first rebuild. Wanted to see if I could do it. I need a LiFe battery for it and I can begin to break it in...

@baja_killer First, I was going to say welcome to the forum but I see you have been here for years. Congratulations on your first post. Don't be shy, we won't bite.

Get that credit card out! Time's a wasting! The power bundle 2 is not a bad purchase in my opinion. I have pretty much the same set-up. My tx is DX5R instead of a Pro.

PROS:
  • Miles and hours of fun.
  • A big ass smile on your face that is hard to wipe off.
CONS:
  • The stock air filter(it's good but not great).
  • stock muffler(sprays soot/oil all over the inside of the shell).
  • Spektrum tx(it works well, just has some design flaws in my opinion).​
For the air filter, I would go with either a Crazy Stu or a TR Air box. I chose the Crazy Stu. I highly recommend upgrading the exhaust. If you do, make sure it specifies it is for the 2.0.

As for the Spektrum tx, there are times that I wish it had a lanyard attachment point. The battery tray secures with 2 tiny screws. God luck finding them if you drop one. It is also a pain in the ass to set up a Killer Bee failsafe with it. If you search my post history, you will find where I posted the steps to help someone else with their tx. I will not replace it until it fails but, if I could start over, I would go with a Futaba tx/rx.

UPGRADES:
  • Air intake.
  • Exhaust.
  • Outerwear starter cover and crankcase cover or Mesh mod.
I don't mean to twist your arm or be a bad influence but it is time to spend that hard earned cash. Get crackin'!

Is that bundle pack for 2 5iveT’s ??
If so that’s a awesome deal...

with the cash you save you can order the parts to fix the 5T lol

hi buddy, I wish it was for 2 ?
@baja_killer First, I was going to say welcome to the forum but I see you have been here for years. Congratulations on your first post. Don't be shy, we won't bite.

Get that credit card out! Time's a wasting! The power bundle 2 is not a bad purchase in my opinion. I have pretty much the same set-up. My tx is DX5R instead of a Pro.

PROS:
  • Miles and hours of fun.
  • A big ass smile on your face that is hard to wipe off.
CONS:
  • The stock air filter(it's good but not great).
  • stock muffler(sprays soot/oil all over the inside of the shell).
  • Spektrum tx(it works well, just has some design flaws in my opinion).​
For the air filter, I would go with either a Crazy Stu or a TR Air box. I chose the Crazy Stu. I highly recommend upgrading the exhaust. If you do, make sure it specifies it is for the 2.0.

As for the Spektrum tx, there are times that I wish it had a lanyard attachment point. The battery tray secures with 2 tiny screws. God luck finding them if you drop one. It is also a pain in the ass to set up a Killer Bee failsafe with it. If you search my post history, you will find where I posted the steps to help someone else with their tx. I will not replace it until it fails but, if I could start over, I would go with a Futaba tx/rx.

UPGRADES:
  • Air intake.
  • Exhaust.
  • Outerwear starter cover and crankcase cover or Mesh mod.
I don't mean to twist your arm or be a bad influence but it is time to spend that hard earned cash. Get crackin'!

TDC, thank you so much for the information you really have pretty much made my decision for me now haha.. so thankful that I have someone to blame when wife stops talking to me for a week ??

Surprised to hear about the spek TX heard good things about it when doing independent research on it, never thought it would be a bit of a nightmare to fit killerbee failsafe either(I was just going to take from old truck)

with exhaust is the dominator pipe not compatible with this 32cc engine? Just asking because I got a brand new one sitting there not used just fitted to my other engine (when I was going to rebuild Baja 5t)

Definitely buy everything you suggested most of stuff already have apart from crazy stu filter not much of a shopping list then ??

Last edited:
Surprised to hear about the spek TX heard good things about it when doing independent research on it, never thought it would be a bit of a nightmare to fit killerbee failsafe either(I was just going to take from old truck)

with exhaust is the dominator pipe not compatible with this 32cc engine? Just asking because I got a brand new one sitting there not used just fitted to my other engine (when I was going to rebuild Baja 5t)
The difficulty with the failsafe was with the frame rate. Out of the box the tx was set at the fastest frame rate. It has to be 11ms or slower but that is nowhere in the directions. Had to discover that on my own.

This Dominator works with the 2.0

Good luck with the Mrs. Baja_killer.:LOL:

The difficulty with the failsafe was with the frame rate. Out of the box the tx was set at the fastest frame rate. It has to be 11ms or slower but that is nowhere in the directions. Had to discover that on my own.

This Dominator works with the 2.0

Good luck with the Mrs. Baja_killer.:LOL:

Ah i see, how do i go about changing the frame rate settings? do you have to do it on the actual failsafe i read some where you have to set the sensitivity setting to 1?

Dominator looks beasty! Don't think neighbours will appreciate that unless i get silencer which will probably only make a slight difference ?

Ordered! ?

Pictures to follow ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks