converting a prop formula 1 car into a rc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can probably make it work drive to some extant ? but honestly you not gonna get a high speed performance out of it? this is what id do if i wanted a formula one car a rovan in the first pic or and fg in the second pic?
Then ull get 60-80 mph? not maybe 5mph with a car made for static display
Bug still take a load of piccs of your car?

It also depends on the material. Is it plastic or metal,some combo of both?. Honesty if you look around anything can be done - But... You have to way: costs,materials,time,effort and knowing what you want to accomplish. If just making it run- probably doable.add electric motor +accessories etc. As others have mentioned though it most likely be better to start with something made to at least run in the beginning. You could always then mod it/body to look like the car you want. NOW..... If you still want to do it,take plenty of pictures.✔

It also depends on the material. Is it plastic or metal,some combo of both?. Honesty if you look around anything can be done - But... You have to way: costs,materials,time,effort and knowing what you want to accomplish. If just making it run- probably doable.add electric motor +accessories etc. As others have mentioned though it most likely be better to start with something made to at least run in the beginning. You could always then mod it/body to look like the car you want. NOW..... If you still want to do it,take plenty of pictures.✔
I'm thinking of just getting it to run, it's all plastic and anything fast would mess up the body if I crash it. It will sit in my man cave but every once in a while take it out to show the kids..

The idea sounds great, specially if you can involve your kids in the whole process of making it run and be functional.
But to be honest, you’re better off keeping this as is.
Keep it in your man cave as decoration.

And follow the advice @dougstar gave you.

No point in trying to reinvent the wheel here. Just buy something already proven to work.

I personally have a hard time modding my losi 5iveT.
And there is a ton of upgrades for this model online. Specifically made for it
And I still have a hard time adding the custom pieces on ????

-You’re going to invest a easy $600-1000 in parts to make this run and tons of man hours trying to make it all functional, I don’t think it’s worth it honestly.

You and your kids will have more fun just buying something that works and that they can all play with without fear of destroying it at the first accident.
And when they do crash it, you can just go online and reorder all the broken parts at reasonable prices.
And let them fix it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks