Crucial Baja Dragster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as z zee zed said lance, the uber ball drives have a weak point if you use a powerful engine,
if its anything larger than a stock g320 then use the strengthening rings that uber make,
the cups can crack/split on higher hp/torque engines
also they can wear the slots the balls run in sometimes ,
i'm running a set myself with a stock g320 without the rings, not had much run time on em yet though,
link to the rings (y),

Radio Control Cars (uberrc.com)

as z zee zed said lance, the uber ball drives have a weak point if you use a powerful engine,
if its anything larger than a stock g320 then use the strengthening rings that uber make,
the cups can crack/split on higher hp/torque engines
also they can wear the slots the balls run in sometimes ,
i'm running a set myself with a stock g320 without the rings, not had much run time on em yet though,
link to the rings (y),

Radio Control Cars (uberrc.com)
That sucks. I just ordered the rings @spents . Thanks, if I have to swap em out for regular FLM cups or something later I'll do it. I'm gonna be running obr or barty 34 drag mod.

Asked Mike Taylor bout the ubers........he advised me to take flm uhd drives ?
Yeah but that was for a car that would be jumping and bashing. This baja will be going fast and straight on asphalt/concrete for 130' or so. We'll see. I'll keep yall posted. Easy enough to swap out if it is fekd tho??
Setup an unlocked diff also just so you have it. Some tracks won’t like lockers?
?Ok, but how could going straight not want both wheels locked?

Yeah but that was for a car that would be jumping and bashing. This baja will be going fast and straight on asphalt/concrete for 130' or so. We'll see. I'll keep yall posted. Easy enough to swap out if it is fekd tho??

?Ok, but how could going straight not want both wheels locked?
Disclaimer: Every thing i say about drag racing isn’t from first hand experience. If you are full throttle and you start losing traction an unlocked diff will help straighten it back out by giving less power to the wheel that is still gripping. My buddy that was running a drag Baja perferred a diff with 1 mil opposed to the locker

it will be personal preference. I’m just saying if you find yourself practicing and you can’t control the car you can swap in a gear diff in 10 minutes and be faster if it’s all ready to go

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Every thing i say about drag racing isn’t from first hand experience. If you are full throttle and you start losing traction an unlocked diff will help straighten it back out by giving less power to the wheel that is still gripping. My buddy that was running a drag Baja perferred a diff with 1 mil opposed to the locker

it will be personal preference. I’m just saying if you find yourself practicing and you can’t control the car you can swap in a gear diff in 10 minutes and be faster if it’s all ready to go
That theory took a minute for me to comprehend but I now think I understand. Under the assumption that the track is groomed a locker would be a great choice for even power to both wheels. If the track hasn't been maintained and may have loose spots, then the limited slip 1M diff would prob be a better choice. Thanks for the insight Rob??

That theory took a minute for me to comprehend but I now think I understand. Under the assumption that the track is groomed a locker would be a great choice for even power to both wheels. If the track hasn't been maintained and may have loose spots, then the limited slip 1M diff would prob be a better choice. Thanks for the insight Rob??
Yeah there’s probably many factors. Too cold, too humid, dust on track, less than ideal setup, too much power, Launching surface needing more prep, poor driving experience ??? having the ability to scrub off some torque may be an advantage

But I would think the 1M would be damn close to a locker and wouldnt allow damn near any slip difference to the locker to be much of a difference on a straight track. I'll give it a try tho.
different setup, but i use 1M in the centre diff on the dragon hammer lance,
still allows a small amount of slip , very small though (y),
much kinder to drive line on the hammer than fully locked,

Yeah I use 1M in my basher center diffs but they have time to heat up a little and possibly do something. For a drag car you line up, then 4 seconds or less the race is done till the next line up. I think the theory would work but at a less viscosity.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks