Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was it? Easy to burn through like aluminum, or hard to even get hot enough?
I was nervous at first. I didn’t want to mess up lance’s pipe. Then I said to myself “well he’s gonna trash it anyways what’s the worst that can happen”?
It doesn’t burn thru like aluminum. I was able to make nice puddles without burning thru. My tig welder was set to dc current & used Low amps settings and set the post gas settings to about 5 sec .
Aluminum is set to ac current when welding.

Brazing would’ve worked but I think you need a different brazing rod maybe 56% silver and different flux. I bought the 45% silver.

I was nervous at first. I didn’t want to mess up lance’s pipe. Then I said to myself “well he’s gonna trash it anyways what’s the worst that can happen”?
It doesn’t burn thru like aluminum. I was able to make nice puddles without burning thru. My tig welder was set to dc current & used Low amps settings and set the post gas settings to about 5 sec .

Brazing would’ve worked but I think you need a different brazing rod maybe 56% silver and different flux. I bought the 45% silver.
Gotcha. Im not much of a welder. Have just a little Lincoln weldpak 140. One of the small 110v flux core (no gas) machines. Tried aluminum once on the big welder at work and it didn't go well. Im terrible with those guns

I found this interesting. Wish I had a tig welder . Maybe someday.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks