Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy at the ricer spot said I might as well buy a new one. Said the filler rod is $100 by itself. Said I was looking at $400 or so? Guess we are going the epoxy route until i can find a new one. Not sure which one yet tho. Any suggestions?15987185030188849462279155129257.jpg
Found these at the autoparts store
20200829_124353.jpg

Last edited:
Guy at the ricer spot said I might as well buy a new one. Said the filler rod is $100 by itself. Said I was looking at $400 or so? Guess we are going the epoxy route until i can find a new one. Not sure which one yet tho. Any suggestions?View attachment 62832
I'm not sure either will work tbh certainly not for any considerable length of time anyway, if you are having a go though drill some small holes at the end of the cracks to stop them running ??
If in doubt buy them all???

Guy at the ricer spot said I might as well buy a new one. Said the filler rod is $100 by itself. Said I was looking at $400 or so? Guess we are going the epoxy route until i can find a new one. Not sure which one yet tho. Any suggestions?View attachment 62832
View attachment 62833

Sense the pipe is feked ,I would try that High heat epoxy ,that JB weld is good stuff an holds up in gassy places ,
but I don't know if it holds up to heat!... :unsure:

+1 what Mark said ,the holes will also help with bond!....(y)

View attachment 62833
Are you in PA.? I used this as a search in Google "custom ti welding pa." and there was a place in Harrisburg you could try. You need to find a shop that already has the equipment . I wouldn't give up on that pipe so easy. The guy was saying 400 to scare you off.

Are you in PA.? I used this as a search in Google "custom ti welding pa." and there was a place in Harrisburg you could try.
Nah, Md. Thanks anyway Coop. The guy pointed out 2 more cracks too. Had no idea Ti cracks like that. I could understand if it was the welds that cracked but the metal itself?

Epoxy is great until there is heat ? involved ??? id go with a exhaust wrap with gum stuff........it used to patch steel exhaust with holes? not sure what they called over there. ?‍♂️ I use to by "gum gum wrap"?? goes on wet drys with heat and gets hard ?? thats if you going to make a plan until a new pipe comes along

You’ve done a over the top amount of great work that’s shown so much info for other Kraken builders. I sure hope you can get the pipe fixed without having to buy a new one. JB Weld is an excellent option, but for heat over 200F I’m not sure how it will handle. I am curious about one thing and that is what you had to do with your shocks adding all that weight of the RCMax. Did you swap out the 8 hole pistons for the 4 hole or change oil weight? Thanks for all the great info.

Last edited:
Are you in PA.? I used this as a search in Google "custom ti welding pa." and there was a place in Harrisburg you could try. You need to find a shop that already has the equipment . I wouldn't give up on that pipe so easy. The guy was saying 400 to scare you off.
Maybe so?
I've never seen one
This is a great thread. You’ve done a over the top amount of great work that’s shown so much info for other Kraken builders. I sure hope you can get the pipe fixed without having to buy a new one. JB Weld is an excellent option, but for heat over 200F I’m not sure how it will handle. I am curious about one thing and that is what you had to do with your shocks adding all that weight of the RCMax. Did you swap out the 8 hole pistons for the 4 hole or change oil weight? Thanks for all the great info.
Yup, I used 80wt I believe. Glad to help others. Learn from my mistakes?
Give me a bit and I can get a answer for you. I have a local guy here. He does alot of welding so waiting for him to respond
Thanks brotha!
great thread!!!
You being funny??

So i messaged with Alex from ALX and he said the pipe should fit but not sure of the placement in the vekta because his engine sits a little different than the rcmax. I'm thinking on giving it a try. If I need to make any mods it should be easy because its steel. May need to make a simple bracket or something.. What do you guys think?
Screenshot_20200830-082716_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20200830-083249_Chrome.jpgIMG_9297.jpg

So i messaged with Alex from ALX and he said the pipe should fit but not sure of the placement in the vekta because his engine sits a little different than the rcmax. I'm thinking on giving it a try. If I need to make any mods it should be easy because its steel. May need to make a simple bracket or something.. What do you guys think?
View attachment 62872View attachment 62873View attachment 62874
Great find. I’d much rather have the exhaust out the bottom than out the window for scale reasons. Looking forward to hear how it goes.

Epoxy is great until there is heat ? involved ??? id go with a exhaust wrap with gum stuff........it used to patch steel exhaust with holes? not sure what they called over there. ?‍♂️ I use to by "gum gum wrap"?? goes on wet drys with heat and gets hard ?? thats if you going to make a plan until a new pipe comes along

You don't wrap TI that is a real bad idea. This is my understanding from TI exhaust on motorcycles. Wrapping can cause cracking from what I understand.

Got this from DEI "
Note about Titanium Exhaust Systems:
DEI does NOT recommend wrapping exhausts made of titanium. The alloys used in the production of titanium exhaust systems tend to be thin and are designed to dissipate heat quickly. Wrapping any titanium exhaust pipe, regardless of brand, can hold in too much heat, and make the titanium alloy turn brittle and prone to premature cracking. If you are seeking to reduce the heat on a titanium exhaust system, DEI recommends using alternatives such as our flexible heat shields."

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks