• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: sooooo I ordered 2 more pieces, clutch and axke boots. This build is not just building the engine I'm also making the truck be able to handle the power. So my next part will be a team chase clone cage, don't want to get the original team chase cage only becuase Ive heard good things about the clone so I don't want to spend the extra 50. It's gunna be the cage and parts to install it because at the moment the truck is a Baja 5b not a 5t. I will post pictures of the cage, clutch, axle boots when I get them. The next most expensive piece after that is the clutch bell which is 50 bucks so not bad, then kill switch, then it's small stuff. The hardest part is Gunna be cutting and welding the exhuast, making exhuast flange and brackets, making clutch housing, clutch plate, and the Crank balance/trueing/con rod replacement, not Gunna do the Crank balance/trueing/con rod replacement becuase I don't have tools for that nor do I know how to balance and true a crank.

Update: heres the axle boots
IMG_20181123_232820.jpg
They were a PITA to get in but here's them installed on my junk
15430418245354893750344919345977.jpg
Really messy and sticky (lol) and annoying but it's on. Also here's the fs clutch
IMG_20181123_232832.jpg
The alx 71cc crankcase is designed for a 70mm clutch, I'm not using that cuz I'm too poor at the moment but I will get it soon, it should be fine cuz I'm running a small carb so the power is limited to like 12hp

Also I'm not Gunna use the stupid little bullet connectors that the Marine coil come with
IMG_20181123_232859.jpg

Instead I'm Gunna use xt90 connectors and this is how it's gunna work

1543042365103360509305751008157.jpg
I know it's a little over kill but I don't really want to burn (sometimes I do) down my truck and it will tidy stuff up alittle ?

Attachments

• 15430423426397727855257215786424.jpg
    15430423426397727855257215786424.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I know you guys say the bumper belongs on it but i think it looks killer without it or up close to it like the Vekta 5 or bajas
I agree, with the baja 5t front bumper on the TC cage the gap is like a grand canyon! I don't like it. I'm either gonna get a rpm bumper, make one, or just none at all. Also I'm not sure why but it kind of looks like a vekta alittle to me, dunno about you tho. I used to hate the tc cage but know I love it

I agree, with the baja 5t front bumper on the TC cage the gap is like a grand canyon! I don't like it. I'm either gonna get a rpm bumper, make one, or just none at all. Also I'm not sure why but it kind of looks like a vekta alittle to me, dunno about you tho. I used to hate the tc cage but know I love it
Good answer(y)

Ok I'm not sure if I mentioned this but I'm going to now. The exhuast I'm using is from a yz85, the inside diameter are theoretically correct so it should work just fine performance wise.
IMG_20181130_231804.jpg
It's honestly a complete pile of crap, but it should work. It obviously is never going to fit the way it is do I plan on taking out like 2.5 inches out of midle (I know that will mess with the expansion chamber) of it for it to be fit. The header will get cut off, and remove like 3 inches, add a flange for it to mount to the cylinder, and weld it right back up, and of course cut that big ass stinger. Eventually I will get a proper DRP alx side pipe to replace this but it will have to do. I won't be doing the welding (of course) but I will be doing the cutting.

if you are using a panel kit the rpm bumper wont work. It sits to far back so its actually under the hood. If you don't like the 5t bumper, the next best option is the 5sc bumper

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks