• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update on the oil seals: nothing has turned up as of now, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo remember there was that place called "motion industries" that sells the SKF seals and their shipping was retarded expensive? i looked it up and they are 33 mins away from me, soo i think I'm gonna send me an email and see if there a walk in over the counter shop (thru pictures it looked like it, just to be sure ill ask) and if they have my needed seals in stock, if so ill run over there possibly Saturday or Friday (tomarrow). and then ask for a refund on the seals that never turnt up.

Question, so my air filter relocation thingy has a metal tube for the air filter to mount to (like the crazy Stu intake), it's made out of mild steel, and mild steel can rust, should I be worried about it rusting and a peice of rust falls into the Engine? I don't ever run it water but that's obviously not the only thing that can cuase rust, if I should be worried about this, should I paint it or something? Also how should I resurface aluminum? My clutch housing and CDI mount look like total poop,15592703990038577075104959890521.jpg
None of those scratches are deep

Attachments

• IMG_20190530_211030.jpg
    IMG_20190530_211030.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2
Imo I would get some aluminum for your intake... call me crazy but I've never seen rust be good in any part of an engine. As for the aluminum brackets. Buffing them with some cutting compound then polishing them will get minor scratches out and make them glow. Most of the stuff can be found at a decent auto parts store.

https://www.ehow.com/how_4545809_polishing-scratched-aluminum.html

It's not the best write up but it gets the general point across..

Imo I would get some aluminum for your intake... call me crazy but I've never seen rust be good in any part of an engine. As for the aluminum brackets. Buffing them with some cutting compound then polishing them will get minor scratches out and make them glow. Most of the stuff can be found at a decent auto parts store.

https://www.ehow.com/how_4545809_polishing-scratched-aluminum.html

It's not the best write up but it gets the general point across..
Ok, can I paint that tube for the intake? Or is that also a bad idea?

I personally wouldnt. If for some dumb reason you get a splash of fuel on the paint or it doesn't like your filter oil it could cause the paint to lift and then you have paint getting sucked into the engine.

I personally wouldnt. If for some dumb reason you get a splash of fuel on the paint or it doesn't like your filter oil it could cause the paint to lift and then you have paint getting sucked into the engine.
Ok thx I'll see if I can find a aluminum replacement. Kinda sucks because that's more money and more time but I guess it's worth it in the long run ?

EDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT: took these pics today, what so you think? Side note: i removed the shocks, that why it's laying on the chassis, obviously can't drive like that or even if it did I'd have no chassis left after a month
IMG_20190530_210949.jpg
IMG_20190530_211109.jpg
IMG_20190530_190819.jpg
IMG_20190530_195655.jpgIMG_20190530_210936.jpg
IMG_20190530_211009.jpg
IMG_20190530_211045.jpg
Sorry that the pics are kinda grainy and blurry, my camera is trash in low light

Last edited:
Ok thx I'll see if I can find a aluminum replacement. Kinda sucks because that's more money and more time but I guess it's worth it in the long run ?

EDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT: took these pics today, what so you think? Side note: i removed the shocks, that why it's laying on the chassis, obviously can't drive like that or even if it did I'd have no chassis left after a month
View attachment 51652
View attachment 51653
View attachment 51654
View attachment 51655View attachment 51656
View attachment 51657
View attachment 51658
Sorry that the pics are kinda grainy and blurry, my camera is trash in low light
Not on the red background? can't see Jack? as for the Air filter chromed would the only easy to use the steel?? but failing that get alloy??
Good news about the seals place round the corner??

Not on the red background? can't see Jack? as for the Air filter chromed would the only easy to use the steel?? but failing that get alloy??
Good news about the seals place round the corner??
That's the point, can't see too much but can see just enough, plus the red lighting is to add a sort of demonic/creepy (for lack of a better term) theme to the whole thing, to match Frankenstein, you know he's creepy and all thay, I'm artsy ? on the tube thing, chroming would be the best but that costs alot and at that point ,might as well just get alu, much cheaper ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks