• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z, everytime you take your truck from the nice cool AC of your basement to the warm outside temps there will be condensation that will form on the metal. Those small water molecules will have the chance to form rust if the metal is not protected. This is something that would happen over time. You don't have to be driving thru puddles or in the rain to find water. If it was me I would use aluminum or at the very least powder coat the steel. I wouldn't even risk it by painting the steel. Just my $.02. You can take it for what it's worth :ROFLMAO:
Thx for the info. Im looking into the aluminum and PVC (as Doug recommended)
How's their shipping?

tomorrow i can look at our CPVC pipe we use for fire sprinklers, and see what the OD is, think its rated at 200F before it surpasses its U.L. Listing which is typically error on the very safe zone because of its use. cant remember what the O.D. is for 1 1/2".

tomorrow i can look at our CPVC pipe we use for fire sprinklers, and see what the OD is, think its rated at 200F before it surpasses its U.L. Listing which is typically error on the very safe zone because of its use. cant remember what the O.D. is for 1 1/2".
Check if you got some 1 7/8 od, if you do can you see how much it flexes? I'd like to go for PVC Because it's light and cheaper than aluminum. But if it flexes I don't want that as I've said

i know our CPVC flexes very little especially in that short of a piece, the CPVC we get is pipe so its sold as I.D. will be able to check O.D. tomorrow though.

i know our CPVC flexes very little especially in that short of a piece, the CPVC we get is pipe so its sold as I.D. will be able to check O.D. tomorrow though.
Ok so if you do find me something, measure the id, and wall because if I do go cpvc, I want to be able to replicate what you've found instead of asking the company who sells it because that would take even more time.

so our 1 1/2" CPVC pipe is almost exactly dead on 1 7/8" O.D. its approximately 1/8" wall give or take, schedule 40 is a weird size. its pretty standardized materials across the trade because it needs to be for using different brand fittings.
not going to lie, this is going to be bright F$%#@ orange.

http://63.156.201.111/SMC/PDFs/FLAMEGUARD_FG-1.pdf

is that about the size you are needing?
if so, you are needing around 3" of it right? I might be able snag a few cut-offs from work.

so our 1 1/2" CPVC pipe is almost exactly dead on 1 7/8" O.D. its approximately 1/8" wall give or take, schedule 40 is a weird size. its pretty standardized materials across the trade because it needs to be for using different brand fittings.
not going to lie, this is going to be bright F$%#@ orange.

http://63.156.201.111/SMC/PDFs/FLAMEGUARD_FG-1.pdf

is that about the size you are needing?
if so, you are needing around 3" of it right? I might be able snag a few cut-offs from work.
I checked prices are they are very cheap, no need to snag any because I'll just buy some ?☺️ thanks man!

of course! if you have any DSG supply, Keller Supply, or Ferguson supply houses there should be able to get it from them
oh or Core and Main.

So today was a family event so I did not have time to order the seals before 11am, but I have ordered them, so tomorrow they will be ready for pick up. I'll be out of the house anyways so just another excuse to go get em. Also I'm Gunna start an eBay case for the seller to refund me for the missing seals (he seams to be okay with giving me a refund, he said I just need to open a case so he can actually refund me, I don't think you can refund without opening a case)

Air manifold needs a coupler and oil seals and.......?
Oil seals, coupler, drill bit (the drill bit I bought, stupid me, the shank was too thick so I could also take it to a machine shop and have em turn it down), gas can (need a extra one for the purge fuel), spark plug, and lastly crankcase bolts, cheap but definitely required.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks