• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna give you a heads up here. Like Z found out, building a 70cc is more expensive then buying an rc max or alx. His project has been put on hold due to the difficulties he was having. I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing it if your dead set on your own build. You'll learn a lot about the engine going into your rig. But be ready for many set backs and issues revolving around parts from many different manufacturers, as our friend Z found out.

Gonna give you a heads up here. Like Z found out, building a 70cc is more expensive then buying an rc max or alx. His project has been put on hold due to the difficulties he was having. I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing it if your dead set on your own build. You'll learn a lot about the engine going into your rig. But be ready for many set backs and issues revolving around parts from many different manufacturers, as our friend Z found out.
Took a the words out my mouth. But hey if you want to build it, to right ahead! I'd like to see you being successful ?
Thanks
BTW any links or part. for force reed mate. I am doing my own building. How to contact you mate? E mail or messenger is fine. Want to ask u some questions.

Why you buy it just $215
found in ebay for $392
damn expensive
You can find it on malossi.eu for 215. The reed was an alx part I had to buy directly from alx.

Last edited:
Thanks mate
Took a the words out my mouth. But hey if you want to build it, to right ahead! I'd like to see you being successful ?

You can find it on malossi.eu for 215. The reed was an alx part I had to buy directly from alx.

Thanks

Will make a thread when i ready to build. Thanks for your help
No problem. Really wanna see your build! What's your plans for parts? I can help you out if need be ? top tip, run gasoline, don't try any other alternative fuels (alcohol, Methanol, e85, ect) , just do normal gasoline or race gas at best. Becuase then you'll go down a rabbit hole with ignition and stuff, it's areal pain and overcomplicates stuff big time. So normal gasoline, makes good power, easy to tune and run, and you'll be golden.

No problem. Really wanna see your build! What's your plans for parts? I can help you out if need be ? top tip, run gasoline, don't try any other alternative fuels (alcohol, Methanol, e85, ect) , just do normal gasoline or race gas at best. Becuase then you'll go down a rabbit hole with ignition and stuff, it's areal pain and overcomplicates stuff big time. So normal gasoline, makes good power, easy to tune and run, and you'll be golden.
Start with some copying things. I scan my own rcmax case and drawing

Start with some copying things. I scan my own rcmax case and drawing
So your assentially cloneing an rcmax? Ok. You have your own machining equipment or is a machine shop Gunna do it for you? Keep in mind. You might have crank issues, becuase rcmax uses a custom crankshaft, vs the alx crankcase that I used, was meant forna off the shelf crank, so i have no idea if the crank i told you the part number for, will work in your case. Just letting you know.

So your assentially cloneing an rcmax? Ok. You have your own machining equipment or is a machine shop Gunna do it for you? Keep in mind. You might have crank issues, becuase rcmax uses a custom crankshaft, vs the alx crankcase that I used, was meant forna off the shelf crank, so i have no idea if the crank i told you the part number for, will work in your case. Just letting you know.
I have alx and rcmax also. 2 rcmax and 3 alx engine. I just want to know how it work so I spilt engine and scan case. My rcmax is Ray Dawson era. It's old so I think it can work with my Bzm gold 39.8 crank. I live so close to CNC workshop. So it's easy to make it. Now I am going to make a copy case with minarelli cylinder ( jog 50 use. Very cheap) and Bzm gold crank.
I have alx and rcmax also. 2 rcmax and 3 alx engine. I just want to know how it work so I spilt engine and scan case. My rcmax is Ray Dawson era. It's old so I think it can work with my Bzm gold 39.8 crank. I live so close to CNC workshop. So it's easy to make it. Now I am going to make a copy case with minarelli cylinder ( jog 50 use. Very cheap) and Bzm gold crank.

Ah ok. Yeah the Dawson era ones might use a off the shelf crank. Awesome you have 5 big bores, hope to get there one day myself lol. You probably know, but im just Gunna say it anyways, the Dawson rcmaxs up to the last generation (till they came up with their own cylinder) was made for a piaggio, not a minarelli so you will have to change the stud pattern and the transfer ducts on your case from the piaggio to minarelli Design. In you have the first first gen rcmax like this then yeah it's a minarelli
DSCN2685.jpg
Ray dawson era rcmax?.....any pics of these bad boy engine's dude?
+1 ?

Last edited:
Ah ok. Yeah the Dawson era ones might use a off the shelf crank. Awesome you have 5 big bores, hope to get there one day myself lol. You probably know, but im just Gunna say it anyways, the Dawson rcmaxs up to the last generation (till they came up with their own cylinder) was made for a piaggio, not a minarelli so you will have to change the stud pattern and the transfer ducts on your case from the piaggio to minarelli Design. In you have the first first gen rcmax like this then yeah it's a minarelli
View attachment 55092

+1 ?
The photo you post is 1st gen rcmax. I have the next piaggio cylinder one. Yes I am redesign the transport and bolt position to fit minarelli. It's interesting. The flywheel I mod a rcmk one to fit. Your cdi is good but a little complex. Seems cdi can not work with receiver with the same battery?
Yes some progress pics would be awsome ??
Still drawing progress

Attachments

• 315221F0-F3CD-48E1-8E14-CD26C89C4BC2.png
    315221F0-F3CD-48E1-8E14-CD26C89C4BC2.png
    543.4 KB · Views: 8
The photo you post is 1st gen rcmax. I have the next piaggio cylinder one. Yes I am redesign the transport and bolt position to fit minarelli. It's interesting. The flywheel I mod a rcmk one to fit. Your cdi is good but a little complex. Seems cdi can not work with receiver with the same battery?
The cdi needs a separate battery. Just mod the rcmk flywheel to fit and run that ignition setup, with gasoline it will be fine. The only reason i did mine that way was cause i wanted adjustability for e85. And the rcmk setup is my easier, cheaper, and reliable. If you really want adjustability, spend the money and get a powerspark module.

Still drawing progress
Question, are you on Facebook? Just curious.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks