• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still never explained to me why you now call me zed

Steering into the skid here @dougstar

/me: dons professor glasses

Ahem... @Z.hb71 "Zed" is an old English and the current colloquial pronunciation for the letter "Z". It is spawned from the Greek origin "Zeta".

In old Britain, "Zed" and the phonetic "Zee" were interchangeable, although "Zed" was still the dominant pronunciation considering it was the older/original version of the pronunciation. As times have progressed, "Zee" became primarily American, and the British (and other old English speaking countries) have mostly stopped interchanging "Zed" and "Zee" and now simply call it "Zed".

There are some theories that suggest Americans adopted "Zee" as a way to differentiate themselves from the English during the Revolutionary War. But there is no empirical evidence to suggest this is the case.

So rather than spitting up your alphabet soup of a name every time. You are now either Z, Zee, or Zed.

And yes, we all love you. Though some (not naming names) more than others. ;)

There's your damn lesson for the day. Class dismissed! ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

P.S. You're almost there! Keep tuning that beast!

Steering into the skid here @dougstar

/me: dons professor glasses

Ahem... @Z.hb71 "Zed" is an old English and the current colloquial pronunciation for the letter "Z". It is spawned from the Greek origin "Zeta".

In old Britain, "Zed" and the phonetic "Zee" were interchangeable, although "Zed" was still the dominant pronunciation considering it was the older/original version of the pronunciation. As times have progressed, "Zee" became primarily American, and the British (and other old English speaking countries) have mostly stopped interchanging "Zed" and "Zee" and now simply call it "Zed".

There are some theories that suggest Americans adopted "Zee" as a way to differentiate themselves from the English during the Revolutionary War. But there is no empirical evidence to suggest this is the case.

So rather than spitting up your alphabet soup of a name every time. You are now either Z, Zee, or Zed.

And yes, we all love you. Though some (not naming names) more than others. ;)

There's your damn lesson for the day. Class dismissed! ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

P.S. You're almost there! Keep tuning that beast!
+1??What the prof Zaid?????

FACK I just can't have any luck with this thing. So I got it started and kind of running, forgot to take the video of course, till I had to shut it off, then, when I go to re start it , guess what! My damn drills transmission locks up and start ls smoking!!! WTF!!now I'm Gunna get my ass beat cuz that was my dad's drill ? jk

Last edited:
FACK I just can't have any luck with this thing. So I got it started and kind of running, forgot to take the video of course, till I had to shut it off, then, when I go to re start it , guess what! My damn drills transmission locks up and start ls smoking!!! WTF!!now I'm Gunna get my ass beat cuz that was my dad's drill ? jk
screw the drill? and get a conventional pullstart:unsure:

screw the drill? and get a conventional pullstart:unsure:
I want to, just that's another thing that requires r&d. Have to mod my flywheel a little, get a decompression valve installed on the head,buy parts for my pull start shell (the one ALX gave me, it's red and billet aluminum to match the crankcase). So that's why I'm using the drill, the good thing about this drill is that, the transmission is detachable so you can buy another one. And the transmission has been making weird noises for a while, just didn't think Itd go out now

Excuses,Excuses!!!

If ya run with the big dogs....
" No pictures/ video no proof"
Someone said that to me here"
Failures ok here... Just don't quit.?
I know I Know, no pics or vids then it didn't happen, didn't have enough time to grab my cam, and hold the throttle, and make sure poop wasn't flying off lol. Not gunna quit, just need a new drill gear box thingy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks