DBXL 2.0 DBXL 2.0 gas first time owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruizit0

Hey everyone,

just got an DBXL 2.0 gas arriving on the mail, any before run recommendations?

I saw some reports about some bolts getting loose after first couple runs but was not able to find which exact bolts so I could apply sock thread lock, anyone knows what those reports about ?

I already found a couple of loose bolts from the factory, most have locknuts, but ill take special care with the ones that don't.

Two of the rear turnbuckles come with some rust from the factory, it doesn't seem they had this car very well stored, probably some warehouse with humidity.

Attachments

• 20220920_003507.jpg
    20220920_003507.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220920_003627.jpg
    20220920_003627.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 18
Very poor decontamination cleaning prior to chrome plating appears to be that issue. I can't say I'm surprised anymore with quality.
Bit of disappointing for this price tag.

Losi it's American but i can see in the box it's made in china, probably paying cheap hand labour, it's the quality you get.

Don't get me wrong, there's some made in china stuff with some actually good quality.

Its my first losi, I guess I got my expectations a bit high on the brand.

Last edited:
Yea man I get it, losi is good especially with the 5ive t but seriously dropped the ball on all generations of the dbxl. A friend of mine has a dbxl-e 2.0 with a mamba xlx2 and it does 70 , ill say that it does well taking a beating.

Buy a killswitch and run in. Cosmetic defects are definitely a bummer but after you run it a bit the rest of the rig will start looking worse and everything will blend together😆
Oh yeah I'm not much worried about it, just a bit disappointed on que QC of the brand, since I always had the idea Losi was a top tier brand in all segments. I'll eventually upgrade them at a later time anyways.

But I forwarded the pics to support, if they offer me to send me new ones, I'll just get free replacements :p

I'm finding it a bit loose from factory to be normal, but can't see anything wrong or not tighten.

I contacted Horizonhobby, and they offered to replace it, now I'm not sure if I should upgrade to a 5ive T or keep with a DBXL.

I can see that the 5ive T have overall better quality, but the DBXL seems a bit better for bashing since it's height from the floor.

I contacted Horizonhobby, and they offered to replace it, now I'm not sure if I should upgrade to a 5ive T or keep with a DBXL.

I can see that the 5ive T have overall better quality, but the DBXL seems a bit better for bashing since it's height from the floor.
Both platforms are great. Just make sure to not bash them in a way that is too much. You will never launch them to the moon so stay within their stress tolerance limits and they will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks