DBXL 2.0 DBXL 2.0 gas first time owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RcJunkie13 I agree with you, I too would like one but I want the ability to make it reliable to the point that running it costs less than maintaining it. It's a sweet looking rig that should have had the support the 5ive t does due to it being a losi, why not right but unfortunately it's just not in the cards for it for some reason.

I will stand up and say I've never seen a 5th scale take so much abuse from inexperienced drivers that it holds up better than a traxxas, my personal experience is a friend has a modded dbxl-e 2.0 with a mamba xlx2 and it does 70mph on gps and it cart wheels like nobodies business and it doesn't break. Yea it looks like hell but it holds up.

The rims suck, the tires suck, the servos suck, the brakes suck,the body is like an egg shell,the diff cases are terrible, the bearings don't hold up,the shocks at stock settings droop like hell. Like I said majority of the people that buy a dbxl are entry level and have no experience with large scale, anyone that has an idea or is seasoned do not own one.

Last edited:
DBXL 2.0 (Gas) resolves all the issues of first gen. The 2.0 is basically a v1 on steroids ;) mine is on way, but after watching many vids & reviews, the thing is a weapon ;)
You've posted no evidence the 2.0 is any better then the 1.0. Actually If you do a search on this very forum, you will see it's the same old dog with no new tricks. Still kicking pins, still having drive train issues, still has a poor shock design, still poor aftermarket support.
It's an entry level 1/5 scale thay had its place. Can be made semi reliable and thats about that.

@RcJunkie13 Like I said majority of the people that buy a dbxl are entry level and have no experience with large scale, anyone that has an idea or is seasoned do not own one.
think i shall stop
You've posted no evidence the 2.0 is any better then the 1.0. Actually If you do a search on this very forum, you will see it's the same old dog with no new tricks. Still kicking pins, still having drive train issues, still has a poor shock design, still poor aftermarket support.
It's an entry level 1/5 scale thay had its place. Can be made semi reliable and thats about that.
Not sure where you have been looking, but youtube is a good start for long term reviews.

I don't think losi would lie as its false advertising, scour the net and there is lots of reviews comparing both with positive reviews for the 2.0, mine will be here soon, so i will know 1st hand as ive owned both instead of jumping on the bandwagon so to speak 👍

think i shall stop

Not sure where you have been looking, but youtube is a good start for long term reviews.

I don't think losi would lie as its false advertising, scour the net and there is lots of reviews comparing both with positive reviews for the 2.0, mine will be here soon, so i will know 1st hand as ive owned both instead of jumping on the bandwagon so to speak 👍
A quick search of this forum says otherwise. I'll keep being the guy that owned one for 8+ years, and have to give the same advice over and over on how to fix a bad, weak platform. Call it what you want, but the tiger has the same stripes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've posted no evidence the 2.0 is any better then the 1.0.
I did, i posted a few vids of the 2.0 doing lots of bashing at skate parks etc and not getting damaged, unlike the v1.0. LOSI website & promo vids of the DBXL 2.0 also mention that a lot of the areas that had issues in the DBXL 1.0 were addressed and as such the 2.0 was redesigned in these areas. don't take my word for it, if your really that bothered, look it up ;)

As far as aftermarket support, FID/ATOP/Vitavon to name a few, when it comes to engines/pipes/rims/tires...lots of choice again which give any DBXL owner the option to hopup there 2.0 as much or as little as they like so not sure what you mean in regard to poor aftermarket support, what more aftermarket support would you like to see?

I'm quite shocked to be honest at some of the reply's to the OP. The guy simply wanted any tips before he ran his new DBXL 2.0 that he just purchased, like most of us, he may have been saving up a long time to buy it & was excited that he got it, then he makes a post on a forum asking for some advice before he ran it & instead some people decided to go on the rant at how poor & bad the model is which hes just bought & was looking forward to use, this imo was extremely rude, I don't think the OP was asking how poor you guys think the model is, *IF* his post was asking originally "should i buy <insert model name here!>" then fair enough, post what you like regarding the model in question as its YOUR opinion and they asked..... But he was simply asking for some tips before running his DBXL 2.0, which some members did give sound advice. But comments like "DBXL excels at being garbage" or "get a 5T instead" is not what i expected to read as this was no help whatsoever to the OP, especially with some of the comments coming from a forum mod.

When myself and some others who own the DBXL 1.0 & 2.0 mentioned that the 2.0 is not as bad as some of you think, the response from some was really, not needed. This was not a post of tug-o-war between the 5T and the DBXL 2.0, but it seemed some of you decided to take it on that it was...

I hope the OP was not put off by some of the comments in response to his question, because if i was a "noob" to this hobby & that was my first post & then got responses like some of those that were left, it would kind of put me off largescale RC. Did any of you stop to think that maybe his budget could not stretch to a 5T price tag, which is a good £500 more than the DBXL 2.0? ...talking of which, ive just purchased some hopups for my 2.0 which should be here soon which means i would have spent roughly the same as i would have if i was to buy a new 5T. Except my DBXL 2.0 will have lots of hop ups for the same price as a stock 5T.

Not everyone likes or wants the 5T (myself being one of them people). Thankfully there are lots of options/choice now when it comes to largescale. To start digging into somebody who owns a model that YOU are not fond of is uncalled for imho. I wonder if you would say the same thing trackside to someone who was enjoying there time with a DBXL, would you say "that's a very bad model, buy a 5T instead"?

It reminded be of back in the day with "clones" when people frowned upon others who had a clone HPI baja instead of the "real" thing. Its quite frankly pathetic & childish behaviour. We are all in this hobby to enjoy it. These forums and others like it are a brilliant source for info/help & general chat to share with others of the same interest.

I will say no more on this subject, Hopefully the OP will not be put off. If you read this buddy, The DBXL 2.0 is a very capable model, don't take our word for it, just take a look at youtube (i would post the links again but it will prob get deleted again lol) the good advice you read such as check all nuts/bolts are tight, use loctite on everything pretty much! & just enjoy it, if something breaks (which it will, its part of the hobby, even 5T's break!!) just replace with an upgraded part (usually aluminium) if funds allow, or simply replace with stock part which are not too expensive. If you find that you keep breaking the same part, then highly suggest replacing with aluminium part, as these parts are usually fit & forget ;)

To some others, please think before you post, is what you are about to post in response to the question at hand an actual reply to the question!?, or just your own little rant, if the latter.. suggest you take a deep breath & hit that backspace key a few times ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks