DBXL 2.0 Dbxl 2.0 intermediate shaft cup loosing set screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So I just want to post an issue i had to fix for a customer and also show that I have my hands on these things just as much as you guys.

So the issue I have come across is the intermediate shaft cup lost 1 out of 2 set screws and 1 backed out which caused it to pretty much be front wheel drive.

I advise anyone with a dbxl 2.0 to immediately pull them out and use red loctite and tighten them down good before you run into this issue. It seems losi used some sort of loctite but not one if yet seen as it resembled dry pudding really it was crusty and lacked any adhesion to the metal.

I took it one step further and drilled into the shaft a little to give the screw a countersunk hole to bite into so it's up to you guys if you choose to do so but at minimum check your intermediate shafts.

also the rig has about 30 minutes total run time and the pull start broke so I added my cable pull start to permanently fix that issue.
20221017_170210.jpg20221017_183803.jpg20221017_195807.jpg

Hey. This happened to me. What should I be doing? Tear this whole thing apart and rebuild it? I mean. . . Going after the diffs this weekend for sure.

Guys, can you give me the exact name/type of the red loctite you use? What temperature is needed to "soften" the red loctite for removal of the pins/screws? Thanks

Red loctite #271. The set screws are larger so you should be able to get them out with little to minimal heat.

Last edited:
@rajul I don't but you can just take the grub screw over to the drill bit case and find one that matches the screws counter sink. The screw size m6x1.0 if I remember right.

Knurled cup point M6x1.0x6mm set screw, blue loctite and a little bit of ass on the tightening. let her sit for 24hrs and you should be good to go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks