DBXL Dbxl body shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gunna say its going to be extremely difficult as what you would need to strip paint would either be very abrasive or it would melt the plastic. I agree with wrapping the painted body... I just used it for my 30dnt body decals its called 3M primer 94 it helps adhesion to plastic and painted surfaces. I would use it to give the wrap a fighting chance on a painted body

Brake fluid is corrosive and a bad idea it will stain and warp the plastic... a friend of mine got some on his head light on his f350 and it ruined the plastic lens

Hey now, melting them with break cleaner sounds much more entertaining. I still say a product must exist for removing paint from plastic. Painters have been at this for a long time
Tried it several different ways, it always turns out with an off white to solid white discoloration of the lexan. Get a new body or get a wrap.
What about the people sean...you can't put the people over the hot engine.
They don't come with a panel set.

I would guess if the paint stayed on they prepped the surface and it might be screwed anyway but maybe heat the panels up and use an exacto knife on the very edge of the paint and see if you can peel it off a tiny bit then maybe a gentler cleaner can get it off without damaging the plastic?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks