DBXL 2.0 DBXL-E 2.0 the new DBXL 2.0 Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

I had a DBXL-E 2.0 and absolutely loved it. I ended up selling off all my RC's last year due to life circumstances. I am back now and this new DBXL 2.0 Gas rig looks pretty nice. I was going to build a Kraken Vekta, but I don't think I want that headache. Anyone have experience with the 2.0 battery powered and the gas? Does the new one hold up way better than the old one? Should I even bother or go straight for the 5T?

Get the 5t over your other choices. A dbxl in any generation sucks. Ive laid hands on a dbxl 2.0 gas and its still not up to a 5t's icon status. The 5t has by far the most upgrades available to it in the Gas portion next to the hpi baja and the dbxl across all generations severely lack aftermarket support.

Get the 5t over your other choices. A dbxl in any generation sucks. Ive laid hands on a dbxl 2.0 gas and its still not up to a 5t's icon status. The 5t has by far the most upgrades available to it in the Gas portion next to the hpi baja and the dbxl across all generations severely lack aftermarket support.
If I pick up the 5T, I am assuming all I should need is a 7.4v battery for the servos, fuel, superbee kill switch, and remote right? Maybe a tuned pipe?

Correct and mod it as you go, it's ready go out of the box with no issues and doesn't need any attention immediately. With the 5t pay attention to how it acts with your driving style and then you'll know what mods you would like to put on it.

There is 1 and absolutely 1 thing that cannot stay out of the box and that's the avc reciever that comes with it. The avc recievers will not work correctly with a killswitch, it's well documented here and i have had to change it out of mine as well to accommodate a killswitch.

Spektrum sr515 is the one you want if you choose to stay with spektrum radios

Just a question why does everyone hate the dbxl 2.0 platform so much. Just like any other product in this Hobbie things break. I've heard so many horror story's of many rigs out there Just the same as this one. But I have not had any major problems at all with my dbxl 2.0 I made changes like we all do that's why thus is a great Hobbie we build and make what we need. I'm not trying to start issues just wondering why it's hated so much lol.... I'm new to 1/5 scale I just got a 5t also doing same procedures like u do any new car I disassemble the entire vehicle and double check everything and reassemble making changes I want as needed and I really haven't had problems with to many of my vehicles I did all nitro before I got I to 5 scale. Thanks I. Advance for anyone's input

A hobby friend brought his customers 2.0 to me as the center diff would just diff out and pretty much be fwd, the carb had a bad spring as well because it would only idle with the idle screw wound all the way in. The customer only got to drive it for literally 10 minutes. I tried to correct the diff with 1 mill wt and still would diff out.

The car is built like 10lbs of poop in a 5lb bag. No room to work and it's very cramped. The linkages are cruddy and flimsy, the brake discs are too thick, I can't stand the spark plug protector. The diffs are a known weak point through all generations gas and electric.

The rims and tires are weak and blow apart and the rims crack. People put 5t wheels on and be done with that.

Barley any aftermarket support at all. So count yourself just lucky that's all.

The 5t is just legendary and is built like a brick poop house and is in its own league. The dbxl is a beginner 5th scale and is a throw away that's really about it.

Last edited:
Just a question why does everyone hate the dbxl 2.0 platform so much. Just like any other product in this Hobbie things break. I've heard so many horror story's of many rigs out there Just the same as this one. But I have not had any major problems at all with my dbxl 2.0 I made changes like we all do that's why thus is a great Hobbie we build and make what we need. I'm not trying to start issues just wondering why it's hated so much lol.... I'm new to 1/5 scale I just got a 5t also doing same procedures like u do any new car I disassemble the entire vehicle and double check everything and reassemble making changes I want as needed and I really haven't had problems with to many of my vehicles I did all nitro before I got I to 5 scale. Thanks I. Advance for anyone's input
It's an entry level 1/5 with next to no aftermarket support, with tons of issues the 2.0 version barley addressed. I loved mine before I had a 5ive t. Thought the breaking all the time was normal. Nope. Just a cheap platform. Be happy you got a decent one, or drive really nice, or are extremely lucky.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks