DBXL tire and wheel size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, yes they fit great. Although next time I'll not get proline tires. They are kinda a pain to get ahold of.
@siblues I would go with the assumption that they are std losi size or they are baja 5t front size (which is the same size)

They are in fact a tiny bit smaller. This is the set up I used to run. It's not really noticed unless you sit your tire/ wheel combo next to each other. I'll look up the tire size difference and post it up.

Ok so here's a chart for the dbxl and the 5ive t
Screenshot_20191007-194616_Drive.jpg
The baja 5t front side is 190x60 or 190x70mm
Screenshot_20191007-194938_Samsung Internet.jpg
The trenchers according to DDM
Screenshot_20191007-195214_Samsung Internet.jpg
Now as fat as I know the baja 5b rear are the largest (of the common rc) at 195x80mm.
And then we have wheel sizes. Which (again as far as I know) are just 3 sizes based off of the losi, baja front and rear.(listed skinny to wide) although once toi toss in the aftermarket stuff I assume you'll have some more width and offset choices as well.
So for all intensive purposes the baja 5b rear are the closest to factory dbxl in height. Everything else is a tad smaller. They all (imo) look good though. Not out of place at all.

I like the size of these and also I think they look much better than what comes on the truck originally

View attachment 53635
They are Hostile ATX in that picture. You can pick up cheap mad Max clones of them now but they aren't very good. I tried them on my DBXL (the ATX, not the clones) and are probably only any use if you drive a mix of tarmac and gravel. They are terrible on grass and the grip roll is atrocious. On wet grass you may as well use slicks. Those big knobbly tyres by surface area don't offer any more grip, often less except in the direction you don't want to be going in.

What surface will you run on? If you're not bothered about performance in terms of side wall, grip roll etc. get some cheap used Losi Nomads off eBay, either with stock 5ive wheels and foams or stick some Silverback wheels on them. They all look great on a DBXL and last for ages. They'll work on any surface.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great advice and the tread pattern is nice but the size and wheel choice are what I really like.The tires can be swapped for something with better traction.I don't have many places to drive it around by me.The places I usually find are mostly grass or clay/sand mix.Asphalt is always an option too.

I am still hunting down a set that I like.I was wondering are all the beadlock rings the same size and bolt spacing so long as the wheels are the same size?I mean if I purchase a set of wheels for a Baja will the oem beadlock rings on the DBXL work on the new wheels?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks