DBXL won't start now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scallopking

Hey guys. Been away for a while and need to come begging for help again. So I had to replace the pull start on my DBXL. Drain all the gas, remove the engine fix and replace. That part went fine now my DBXL won't start. I don't know if it is some sort of vapor lock or flooding but I remove the spark plug and pulled a few time and put it back in but no go. Just won't start. As a side note, my buddy had his returned from Horizon Hobby and it is having the same issue.

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

rock on thanks for the responses. The pull start was lose, meaning the cord was hanging out a couple inches and wouldn't wind back in.. So I bought a new pull start. According to the manual, it says to remove the engine (I work on it indoors and removed all the gas) for pull start maintenance, which I did. I bought the losi pull start for it, the 26/23 cc that said would work. I added the pull start pre-cover also during the replacement. A nice wipe down and silicone and put it all back together. I will double check the line, thanks good idea. The plug is little black but it was starting no problem before this easy as pie.

yep moved the fuel lines no change. I have my buddies new DBXL next to me so took that plug and put it mine, no change. I notice the plug is saturated with gas, and when I pull start w/o the plug in it sprays some gas out the hole. Is this thing fully flooded or something? I notice there are two different color lline to the carb, I think one is green and one is clear. I matched them to my buddies DBXL and no luck.

yep moved the fuel lines no change. I have my buddies new DBXL next to me so took that plug and put it mine, no change. I notice the plug is saturated with gas, and when I pull start w/o the plug in it sprays some gas out the hole. Is this thing fully flooded or something? I notice there are two different color lline to the carb, I think one is green and one is clear. I matched them to my buddies DBXL and no luck.
You need to disconnect the fuel line when you are clearing the engine of fuel when its flooded. The pulse hole is drawing a vacuum every time the piston goes through a cycle. You are just adding more fuel to the engine very time you pull it over with the plug out .

well I did everything and it almost started, what a pain. So i am drying out again for 24 hours, plug out, lines out, prime bulb cleared, turned upside down and drained and new plug. Try again tomorrow.

Thanks guys. Its late to try and fire this up now plus it needs to sit and dry out. So when I reconnect the lines, and the plug, should I do as the manual says to choke, prime and pull 3x. Or prime and pull start right away? Thanks again.

This is about how my starts go. Pump primer bulb about 6 times. Flip choke on. pull over twice. On second pull it normally goes bang then dies. Flip choke off pull once may be twice and it fires and stays running....... experience may very a bit.

Thanks guys. Its late to try and fire this up now plus it needs to sit and dry out. So when I reconnect the lines, and the plug, should I do as the manual says to choke, prime and pull 3x. Or prime and pull start right away? Thanks again.

If all else fails spray some starter fluid in through the air filter.
That should start it and clear out any excess fuel.
Make sure the exhaust is pointing away from you.

i got it started finally with all your help. thanks everyone!

then I took it out and ran it for a while and lost the rear driveshaft pin so it doesn't have 4x4. is this easy to fix?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks