DBXL won't start now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's the grub screw, is that the set screw? Do I need to take the back off to get to it? Never changed this before. thanks again guys for all your help. i have my buddies I can still his screw and fix his later once I know how to do mine. :)

what's the grub screw, is that the set screw? Do I need to take the back off to get to it? Never changed this before. thanks again guys for all your help. i have my buddies I can still his screw and fix his later once I know how to do mine. :)

A grub screw is what we call a set screw down here.
I'm not sure about the DBXL but you can usually just take the bolt out of the top of the bearing holder and let it drop down allowing you to take the dog bone out.

LOL....just bash his & fix it later!

okay, i am not mechanical but with all good help was able to get the "tower" up to dislodge the arm. this should be so easy. how do you get the arm and pin in the back? The only way is if I insert it through the top hole and let it drop into place but then you don't have the grub :) screw on it. Wow, how armature can I be.

okay, i am not mechanical but with all good help was able to get the "tower" up to dislodge the arm. this should be so easy. how do you get the arm and pin in the back? The only way is if I insert it through the top hole and let it drop into place but then you don't have the grub :) screw on it. Wow, how armature can I be.

I'm not understanding.
Can you post a pic?

sure and I appreciate the help.
i must be missing a step here. once i have the arm assembled it will not go into the rear assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 14
There should be a set screw to take out of the pinion side to let the couple slip off. Once off you should be able to assemble the rear joint and get the set screw for the pin in from the rear of the coupler. Then it's just back together.

If you cant figure it out let me know.... I'll take some pics of mine have to start teardown to fix it any way.

There should be a set screw to take out of the pinion side to let the couple slip off. Once off you should be able to assemble the rear joint and get the set screw for the pin in from the rear of the coupler. Then it's just back together.

If you cant figure it out let me know.... I'll take some pics of mine have to start teardown to fix it any way.

Sounds good to me

For your amusement.....
First two pics are the set screws you need to take out.
Pic 3 take those two screws out (can take the screws out from the chassis plate from bottom too)
Pic 4 pop it out
Pic 5 ( kinda hard to see) theres your set screw access.
Please excuses the lack of engine I'm starting my tear down.

Attachments

• 20190628_113046.jpg
    20190628_113046.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190628_113052.jpg
    20190628_113052.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190628_113203.jpg
    20190628_113203.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190628_113220.jpg
    20190628_113220.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190628_113323.jpg
    20190628_113323.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 7
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks