DDM Dominator install issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similar alignment issue with the pipe DDM sent me, i had a thread on this on the "other" forums ( the ones that remove threads for no fricken reason ) but it was a minor problem, once installed it made my day :) Great pipe they have there. Youll love it.

DDM designed the pipe to be compatible with the FG MT we had in the shop. You can see pictures of the clean install here:
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1888.html

Strangely enough, FG doesn't notify random non-FG dealers like us when they make design changes... :ph34r:

So it looks like this pipe will be an easy install if you have an MT like the one we have, and if you have a different style, the torque pipe will still be an easy install.

Hi,
like i had posted when i got the tryout pipe was maybe make the hole pre-sloted to accomodate varying models .

Hi,
like i had posted when i got the tryout pipe was maybe make the hole pre-sloted to accomodate varying models .

Its obviously the only defect in the pipe. just make the mount larger in diameter and make the hole slotted. Add a longer bolt and a washer in the kit and wallah perfection!:)

Its obviously the only defect in the pipe. just make the mount larger in diameter and make the hole slotted. Add a longer bolt and a washer in the kit and wallah perfection!:)

That's if you have the high-end DDM Dominator pipe, the low end pipe you need to cut away part of the roll cage on the FG Monster Truck (newer models).

All in all it's still a very easy install and I for one love my low-end DDM Dominator pipe! I do agree with Buggzy thought, maybe instead of drilling a small hole DDM could make it a slot. Just a thought?!

-Michael

That's if you have the high-end DDM Dominator pipe, the low end pipe you need to cut away part of the roll cage on the FG Monster Truck (newer models).

All in all it's still a very easy install and I for one love my low-end DDM Dominator pipe! I do agree with Buggzy thought, maybe instead of drilling a small hole DDM could make it a slot. Just a thought?!

-Michael

My 1st pipe I received was the low end and I found the same problem you did. I was told that it should not hit the frame but, mine did and also did not line up to the side support. I was told that the off site benders for the low end pipes over bent or bent it not to there specs and the lot of pipes were all the same and would not work. I was then told I could get a refund or get the mid to high and what he felt was not a big difference between the two in performance.

Here are some photos of the low pipe problems I had.

Attachments

• DSC02507.jpg
    DSC02507.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02510.jpg
    DSC02510.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02513.jpg
    DSC02513.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02514.jpg
    DSC02514.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02515.jpg
    DSC02515.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 58
I forgot I had a problem where the header connection was also off center allowing the weld to interfere with one of the bolts so I couldn't get it tight too.

Attachments

• DSC02518.jpg
    DSC02518.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC02523.jpg
    DSC02523.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 52
I do like the difference in the way the pipe comes out the rear on the mid high rather then the low to mid pipe.

Attachments

• DSC02515.jpg
    DSC02515.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC02627.jpg
    DSC02627.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 212
Bigger the Better,

Your low-end pipe looks to have mounted a bit better then mine. I couldn't even get the header close to the engine without it hitting that middle brace thus the reason I had to cut it out.

The picture in regards to the weld and the screw - I have the same issue but didn't think much of it. Granted there are things that need to be either changed or addressed from the end user before using this pipe but it's still one heck of a pipe once installed.

-Michael

Bigger the Better,

Your low-end pipe looks to have mounted a bit better then mine. I couldn't even get the header close to the engine without it hitting that middle brace thus the reason I had to cut it out.

The picture in regards to the weld and the screw - I have the same issue but didn't think much of it. Granted there are things that need to be either changed or addressed from the end user before using this pipe but it's still one heck of a pipe once installed.

-Michael

I agree, one heck of a pipe!:cool2:
The picture with the header close was with me pushing down on the middle support. I would of had to cut it out to make it work like you. I ended up trading it with the Mid to High pipe and I'm still happy with my purchase.:)

I just installed my lastnight, I just cut my brace out, and I also had to make the brace hole alot bigger. Ifinished the project after alot of fustrations, such as the header bolts hard to get to, brace being in the way, and the hole not aligning up but it's done and it runs again.....

You're right. But as long as you are aware of the issues from the start, it's okay, the end result is worth it. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have bought the high end pipe instead of the torque pipe because I like the way it fits better.

Does anyone use their Dominator in combination with the the gearcover? As I understand this is impossible, or?

hi
i have recently bought a ddm pipe of of a friend and it fits his 23cc old style marder fine with no modifications and everything lined uo perfect
so i asum this is all they do fit with out modification as when i tryed to fit it to my MB i had to do everything that has been mentioned already
just thought this info might help!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks