Dead motor ! ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a gasket for the case half's in the rovans. I wouldn't trust just sealent, those motors are made soooo sloppy. Rovan sells gasket kits for like 4 bucks.
Im not splitting the cases
anything I need to be aware of on the top end rebuild ? I have build jet ski , dirtbike,kart motors this should be just like a Kart motor same basic thing

Im not splitting the cases
anything I need to be aware of on the top end rebuild ? I have build jet ski , dirtbike,kart motors this should be just like a Kart motor same basic thing
From your experience I think you'll have no issue. Just pay attention to how it comes apart.Just be cautious putting the ring on the piston. Remember what way the piston goes...arrow faces the exhaust port. Use oil or some sort of lube that will burn off when installing the piston into the cylinder and let whatever sealant you use cure to the recommended time ...torque the head to the recommended spec and your good to go..also a business card works well for setting the gap for the coil?

Ok all back together and running good so far , I do have a few screws left over 4 , cant figure out where they came from LOL has to be body screws I made sure all my motor screws were there. they were my extra head screws that came with the new head LOL ! duhhh
From your experience I think you'll have no issue. Just pay attention to how it comes apart.Just be cautious putting the ring on the piston. Remember what way the piston goes...arrow faces the exhaust port. Use oil or some sort of lube that will burn off when installing the piston into the cylinder and let whatever sealant you use cure to the recommended time ...torque the head to the recommended spec and your good to go..also a business card works well for setting the gap for the coil?
All good thanks ! I test fitted the piston and ring to make sure they were good , used 2 stroke oil as a lube

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks