DBXL Did I make a mistake ordering a DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say this, If your goal is to have fun with a 1/5 scale machine, than any one you order will be fun. If I had to start over again, I would buy any gas 1/5. I have put a lot of money and time into a DBXL, but I still love it. It will be given to my son when he is old enough. For now I am focusing on building up a 5t from scratch and many others. That is I am not buying an already built Kit ever again, I am ordering every part of the car and building it with aftermarket parts. I am hoping that I am happier with my car doing it this way, and it will actually when all is said and done be cheaper this way because I got all the quality parts I wanted. I can say it is most rewarding when successful, knowing you can now rebuild all Weedeaters and take care of your own machines for life. In the end the knowledge learned from small engines is invaluable.

(y)wow...brand spanking new savvy...:love:.long time since I seen one fresh out the box...?..........awesome trucks .....we`ve had loads of here over the years....(y).
now....don't forget to give it the every single nut/bolt chk over before u go run it.....;)

(y)wow...brand spanking new savvy...:love:.long time since I seen one fresh out the box...?..........awesome trucks .....we`ve had loads of here over the years....(y).
now....don't forget to give it the every single nut/bolt chk over before u go run it.....;)

Thanks man. That is what I was going to do but I have a question.
Do they apply threadlock to the screws at the factory?
I'm just a little afraid that if they have threadlock I'll unloosen it if I try to tighten the screws a little.

Oh, and I find it ridiculous that they use Philips screws for most of it. Why don't they switch to hex screws, it shouldn't be that hard...
Also, the receiver battery case is slightly damaged; a part of its plastic is broken. I am guessing the wrench for the glow plug broke it during transit or something. I am not surprised as it looks and feels super cheap and I've found the same exact case on eBay for like GBP1.00.

Here is the battery case

Thanks man. That is what I was going to do but I have a question.
Do they apply threadlock to the screws at the factory?
I'm just a little afraid that if they have threadlock I'll unloosen it if I try to tighten the screws a little.

Oh, and I find it ridiculous that they use Philips screws for most of it. Why don't they switch to hex screws, it shouldn't be that hard...
Also, the receiver battery case is slightly damaged; a part of its plastic is broken. I am guessing the wrench for the glow plug broke it during transit or something. I am not surprised as it looks and feels super cheap and I've found the same exact case on eBay for like GBP1.00.

Here is the battery case
View attachment 50386
personally id just get a proper receiver pack instead of that dumb little thing becuase youll end up switching aa batteries almost every run as they don't last long

personally id just get a proper receiver pack instead of that dumb little thing becuase youll end up switching aa batteries almost every run as they don't last long

Are you referring to those hump packs? How much do the AA batteries last?

Are you referring to those hump packs? How much do the AA batteries last?
yes a hump pack. the AA's last about a days worth of running (like 12hrs or something like that) before needing replacement, so it can get soemwhat expensive for batteries vs spending 20-30 dollars ( i don't know what that would be in euros) and just having to recharge. id look for a 1200-3000mah battery. the more mah, the more run time

Thats actually a good thing. hexes was invented by satan as a way to frustrate everyone who have to remove on that has been used in an RC thats being driven with fury and hatred in mud and dirt. Also instead of using materials like toughened steel, the ones you get from the factory is made from a mixture of butter and wetwipes.

Hello, thanks for your replies.

I have a problem with the truck's built-in failsafe. Manual says that upon turning off the transmitter (to simulate loss of signal), the LED in the receiver should flash continuously and the servo should apply the brake. None of this is happening though. The receiver LED just turns off and the servo goes to the neutral position.

Brake and throttle should be set correctly as I have checked them.
I have tried resetting the failsafe 4 times.
I also tried rebinding the transmitter to the receiver 2 times followed by resetting the failsafe. (Manual says that rebinding the transmitter will erase failsafe setting)

Apart from this, throttle and steering servos work perfectly fine and are snappy, apart from the fact that something's making a buzzing sound intermittently (saw a video and this <<seems>> to be normal).

I am using the AA batteries to power the receiver for now. Will be getting a hump pack and a proper charger for it (probably a Reactor 500 or similar).

What could the problem be? Defective receiver? Defective transmitter?

Hope I am not breaking the rules here. This is a forum dedicated to large scale RCs and I seem to have deviated (if that is a proper word) from that. If any of you are bothered, I will move to another forum and post there.

Thanks again.

Fixed it about two days, forgot to update here. Turns out they sent an outdated manual.
Stumbled upon their learning lab video and the instructions in the video are different than the ones I have on my manual.

Looked for the manual and the one on their website has instructions different than mine.
Silly mistake if you ask me...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks