Differential issue or clutch???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlopez83

Me and my boy were out bashing for about 2 hours and his dbxl lost power to the wheels. Was wondering if there's a way to diagnose if it's the clutch (brand new dbxl) or a differential issue or a process of elimination to diagnose issue? And how I can spot out the problem. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks guys

Is the spur gear and screw still in place?
Will check when I get home.thank you very much seems like a likely suspect but will let ya know. Thanks again
Hold each dogbone and spin the wheel I had a similar issue and my set screws were loose so the dogbones were loose.
Just wanted to say you guys are awesome and I really do appreciate the replies will also check this when I get my hands on her

It lost power to all wheels ???

Pick up the Rc from the front wheels and roll it, you’re looking for any type of grinding feeling....

if it feels smooth. Try the opposite, pick it up from the rear wheels and roll it....

If you lost power to all wheels I would pull the center diff and check it out.

Also make sure your dog bones and cups ain’t broken

Ok thanks for everyone's input on the matter and here's the damage what would of caused this? I could pull the pinion gear with the shaft and bearings straight out if the tank wasnt there. Still gotta pull the motor out to get to the clutch housing n see what's broken. Set screw seems to be tight though?. I guess new gears are a must now. Any suggestions on part numbers or brands? Thanks again guys
20200104_170053.jpg20200104_170047.jpg20200104_170032.jpg

Last edited:
Got dammit I think I'm too poor for this hobby just replaced the throttle servo 109 bucks, looked at some stock gears 60-70 bucks for both now with what essv said a new clutch bell housing and bearings and I just busted them out for Christmas ?. Any suggestions on the clutch bell housing? Does it come with bearings? Any other suggestion on what I should do to this thing before a small thing puts us out for bashing? I've read people talking bout pins falling out how do I fix that n where are they located? Me and my son had a blast bashing so I'd like to go ahead and do the preventative maintenance to keep us in the game for this upcoming weekend. The 2.0 still running like a champ no problems. Any and all suggestion are greatly appreciated and thanks again guys.

Go find my thread "tear the ole girl down" you'll get pics and what not of most of a dbxl coming apart. (Because I broke the same thing for a different reason) once the bugs are worked out the dbxl is rather reliable.
Ask what ever else, I didnt post up. I'll get pics to you so you can see what's up

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks