dirby's Losi 5ive-T build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
center diff brace spacer installed and in correct direction
I see you do not have the diff brace
have to remember that they relocated diff to change drive line angles (lesson)
The 20 works for 20 and 22 tooth pinon is what I read yesterday

Last edited:
I need to double check, thought I was looking at V2, I lost 1 of mine yesterday after a run had to pull motor, clutch bolts was loose and backed into bell, ordered black 20's

It seems as I WRONG just checked there is different part number for the 22, if they was the same they would be same #
boo that sux(n) loosing an insert would hurt:censored:
FAT chance of that happening

It would be nice to have a track that allowed 5th scale off road local

well losi died on me yesterday after very short run, looks like lost spark, motor wont even pop, pulled and checked mag gap (reset it)
still no spark, order another one from DDM, maybe bye Friday with luck, also fiddlesticked a motor mount screw had to drill head out to get motor off chase, order new clutch mount just in case I screw it up trying to get rest of screw out.

Question:
I should be able to see spark with plug out and grounded to motor when turning fan correct?
or is there better way?

well losi died on me yesterday after very short run, looks like lost spark, motor wont even pop, pulled and checked mag gap (reset it)
still no spark, order another one from DDM, maybe bye Friday with luck, also fiddlesticked a motor mount screw had to drill head out to get motor off chase, order new clutch mount just in case I screw it up trying to get rest of screw out.

Question:
I should be able to see spark with plug out and grounded to motor when turning fan correct?
or is there better way?
Yes You should be able to see the spark

I doubt your going to see it if your not using the recoil starter. For some reason the flywheel needs some speed to trigger the spark. You can get a cheap in line spark tester to check.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181226-183917_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20181226-183917_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10

Question:
or is there better way?
Boo thats no good (n) couple quetions....have you got a kill switch?
When i added mine i did two things i used the kill bee motor kill button and change my zen fan cover two a cy cover to get the zen to fit:unsure:. What i noticed was 1 button did not sit well in the cy cover 2 the killer botton would get stuck in the off position (n) once rig just died and found it was the kill button. Now that iv done a block swop on my losi i put the zen boutton in and there is no sticking:woot:(y) . If i was you id be look rround there if you have added a kill switch check the wiring to the coil

Last edited:
no kill switch yet, wanted to have everything working properly for a short time before installing one, I do have Spectrum Radio that I set up failsafe and that is working, coil should be here tomorrow, and I ordered the spark test suggested, got my grip-it bits today to remove bad bolt in clutch mount, will get that out bolt motor back in and check with spark tester then go from there, just have strong filling its the mag, I have reset gap with business card,
I'm running stock 32RC with bartalone silenced pipe, no other upgrades yet, plan is to replace as go along, wife less than happy about money I have spent last 2 weeks

Hi all
Got my Losi running today after work, :):):):)
Replaced coil, replaced motor mount screws (after removing bad 1) with Stainless Steel ones
when I first tried starting, could feel the compression but no pop's, so pulled spark plug and it was wet (that's never good) pulled motor over several times, installed new plug went back to stock setting on low and high needles, loosened gas tank cap, pulled a couple times and had a pop (no choke), set idle little higher couple more pulls and pops, turn idle up more and it started and died turned up little more and it started,
ran in street for 5-10 minutes making few carb adjustments running Good, put it on the bench noticed very black oil/fuel on rear of chassie.
its is still first gallon of fuel going thru it,
Running 25:1 mix, Red Line oil 92 octane

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks