dirby's Losi 5ive-T build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah they are very nice.
dougstar.
I didn't use any brace from the motor to the center diff housing I was told that it was optional.

ok so what am I missing here.
took the 2.0 apart ans did some up grades and changed a few things.
when I put it back together I am having trouble with the mesh on the center gear when I tightened the 4 motor screws with the alignment piecen on the screws it makes a loud grinding sound.
all the numbers on the alignment pieces are facing the gastank side of the truck,
any suggestions?
yhx Don.

So far, I've pulled the motor in my 2.0 three times. No issues when installing the motor and my 2.0 is stock except for the covers on the pull starter/carb and the Bartolone exhaust I installed. Be interesting to hear what is causing the installation issues.

I was told to put the incerts in one way and got the grinding noise so I took them out and reversed the incerts and it ran a lot smoother but there is loud noise coming from where the pinion gear and spur mesh.
there is no movement between the two gears I tried to move one gear while holding the other but there was no play between them.
should I run it this way or how do I get some play between the gerars?

dougstar I put the modified center diff housing and the rcmax front and rear diff housing.diff oil 30 center 10 front and rear
.fs clutch abs dfc clutch spting rcr brakes.
ok now figure thism one out.
I just went out to look at the bottom of the truck to see if there is any way to get somer space between the gears.
I put the truck on it's side and dercided there was no wiggle room and when I set the truck back down on the stand there was no more loud noise in the gears and there was some movement between the gears when I herld one and moved the other.
figure that one out.
time to go run.

ok I have been finding that there is some flex in the middle of the car.
when it sits flat on the stand I get a loud grinding noise and no movement between the spur gear and pinion gear.
if I placer a 3/8 rod under the center of the car the loud grinding goes away and there is some space between the gears you can hear this in the video.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks