Do you still use your nitros?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauseKaos

I'm selling one of my nitros to put that moneys towards my 5th. Now the question is do any of you guys still use your nitros? I ask because I also have a SC8 with a brand new LRP 28 and other stuff. I could get more if I don't break it in and sell it now. I just thought I should keep at least one Nitro. Your thoughts?

Sell it all Kause...

The longer it sits on your shelf doing nothing, the less it will be worth down the line... I did that with one of my 1/8 buggies and it has an inch of dust on it.. I could probably only get $25 now and I paid over $300 a few years back..

Chris

I just picked up a nitro. Just for something different, though I'll probably convert it to brushless.

there are places you can't run a 1/5. and if you want to go racing a 1/8 is about the most popular racing around

I just picked up a nitro. Just for something different, though I'll probably convert it to brushless.

there are places you can't run a 1/5. and if you want to go racing a 1/8 is about the most popular racing around

Thats why i was gonna keep it but Now I don't know if i should just sell it.

:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk: Sell it Sell it Sell it.....:devil2::devil2::devil2:

Am i biased much...LOL

Chris

I'M with everyone else.. Sell it!!

You'll go out and be like 8 Min runtimes, constant tunning, this SUX!!!!!!!!!! And then you'll take out the gasser and be like YES!!!

Selll it!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you guys but after talking with the guys i mostly run with, no one is selling there nitro so they will still get run time also. Plus I just got home and more parts i bought for it came. Forgot I ordered them. lol I'll lose way tooo much.

I'm selling one of my nitros to put that moneys towards my 5th. Now the question is do any of you guys still use your nitros? I ask because I also have a SC8 with a brand new LRP 28 and other stuff. I could get more if I don't break it in and sell it now. I just thought I should keep at least one Nitro. Your thoughts?

Hey there,

I'd keep it and have the best of both worlds :) I still have all of my nitros so I can get on the track and race with the boys or just go out and bash for some fun.

I sold my nitro stuff..all gas now....less hassle...Besides the nitro fuel is going up
in price per gallon.......I can use a lot of gasoline for the cost of a gallon of nitro......
But you have them..won't bring you much money back fro trying to sell the nirto stuff
so keep it.....You will be lucky to get 1/2 your investment back.......Slawhammer

i could never part from nitro thats what kept me in hobby lol, 1/5 ain't as quick n nimble for me but had to have 1 or 2 1/5 in my collection.
my nitros:
kyosho rs200(first nitro got when was lad an still have :) )
xray nt18t
hong nor crt.5 pro
revo with OS30vg
hyper 8 pro uk
mugen mbx4R
mugen mtx3
Factory team Ntc3
thunder tiger ts4n pro (shelf queen now)
thunder tiger 999r nitro bike
noava foar sf506 evo
serpent 835
schumacer xtr

i thought the same thing and tried to keep my nitros. by the end of my first tank i was practicly giving my nitros away. i tried to get back into racing 1/8 scale but it just wasnt fun anymore and i would rather go bash a 5th scale then race.
sell it!!!

i still got my nitro, use it all the time too. Its good to have something to fall back to if something breaks and you cant get a spare quickly.

main reason i get mine is coz I can go out and lauch if off jumps etc. easier to control in the air and not as hard on suspension etc when it lands hard.

plus like pipeous said if you ever want to race you wouldnt have to go far to find a 1/8 class.

I have 30 plus RC cars and trucks. Do not have time for all of them but since they do not bring much used I rather keep them. Yes I still run my nitor some. I have never had a problem with any of my nitors like some seem to.

I have 30 plus RC cars and trucks. Do not have time for all of them but since they do not bring much used I rather keep them. Yes I still run my nitor some. I have never had a problem with any of my nitors like some seem to.

Do you find you don't get us much usage out of the nitro compared to the 2 stroke?

Is it fair to say on average you could put 20 litres through one before having to replace bearings/piston/sleeve etc?

way more use.... look at the ancient motor in my semi... they don't even make them anymore lol... I've had it back for a year, owned it for a year and got it used and 2 other people had it between. Compression isn't what is should be but it still fires in 1 or 2 pulls and screams

Do you find you don't get us much usage out of the nitro compared to the 2 stroke?

Is it fair to say on average you could put 20 litres through one before having to replace bearings/piston/sleeve etc?

I have some nitor engines with 8 plus gallons on them that have never been open still running fine. Now keep in mind a nitor engines turns at least twice the RPM a gasser turns or more. Many turn 38,000 RPM! A CY 26cc has about 3 HP and a 3.5 cc nitro has about the same HP. But of coarse the gasser has much more torque. In my opinion they are both good.

depends on the nitro motor and how you use them for sure...

my 5th scale on road bud just picked up a nitro tonight to run with my 1/7 hot bodies... we will run at the same place. it's fun changing rides. I am also grabbing another motorcycle this week. it was mine. SF501 race kit. most of the bikes here are brushless, but again another cool rc we can run the same place... my sf501 got punted a couple times running with the 6th and 6th scalers lol. bikes are tough.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks