Drive stick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cdl= commercial drivers license. We can drive heavy trucks. Or well anything for that matter.

Nj may differ? I was told when you had to renew your cdl you had to retest on hazmat. And yea cdl physicals blow I get white coat syndrome so my blood pressure is higher so they put me in a room with the lights out to clam me down and check my blood pressure :ROFLMAO: ?‍♂️...my job pays for the physicals and cdl renewal as its part of my job requirements
Hmm didnt think hazmat needed renewed every 2 years, I know boss has to re up. But they did just change a bunch of laws around not that long ago so I'm not 100% in the loop. I got a talking to about my blood pressure as well, it was barely over the limit, and I was highly irritated as I had to wait an hour past my appointment to be seen. Then I got the your over 30 lecture. Which I about lost my poop over. Even though i had explained to the quack i have yearly checkups with my dr, and I did not have high blood pressure or anything else wrong with me. Really pissed me off, someone who done a 5 min check up thinks they can tell me my state of health not even knowing my medical history.
I can drive an 18 speed lorry with a trailer and also a trailer behind a trailer and a tanker trailer but no hazardous material.
I skipped the tanker endorsement. That and doubles is an easy retest if you need it. Literally take half an hour down at the local vo tech school.

Those pricks are half ass and don't belong doing what they do. They couldn't cut it in a hospital so their pissed off that they suck and make our lives miserable for the hour they keep us there

Last edited:
Dude that’s an SMG. BMW and Lamborghini did them and they were horrible. They were an automated manual and if you didn’t look after them or shift into neutral when stationary you’d break them quick. Gen 1 R8s were the same.

They were on buses here back in the 70s.
I used to drive when my driver was too pi$$ed.
The laws and terminology in the UK are so different I’m struggling to translate what your saying. ?

English to me isn’t the same for you guys.

UK version of English gets hard for me to understand when they're on TV and I only speak English.

Last edited:
How about a Clutchflight transmission? B&M did them by installing a clutch on the Torqueflight automatics. This was way back in early days before technology changed.

That would suck, how did the rest of the trans work? Still like an auto, or manual valve body as well?
Been awhile on it to remember. I had seen one and was thinking of grabbing it for my car. I called B&M and they told me with the technology nowadays. This was over 20 yrs ago. He said don't bother with it. It was supposed to work like letting you engage the rpm where you wanted it. Instead of buying tons of different convertors or having them reworked. I asked the guys on a race site about them than also. Their answer was like. WHY?? With the technology now no reason for it.

My current car is an Auto but just about every car I've owned has been manual, its the norm in the UK. Wife's car is 5 speed manual, mine is 7 speed auto.
I tow a large twin axle caravan (large for UK) and find auto a more pleasant drive when towing, plus as I get older I'm getting more lazy.

Manual or Auto - depends on what it's for and how it's installed I suppose.

I'm driving Honda Civics the last few years.
I had a 6-speed manual 1.5T and loved the gearbox, relatively free-revving engine - for a turbo, etc., but hated the chocolate clutch - one of those dual mass flywheel jobbies - always judder when cold unless you're careful.

Only choice on the higher spec 1.5T is elastic band driven - sorry CVT.
It works well, but the distant drone, instead of a free-revving engine is horrible.

My hand's always resting on the gear lever, even if there's stuff all you can do anyway!!
Thing's even got 'flappy paddles' - WHY?

If it had 350+ HP perhaps it may be useful.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks