Drive stick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bet mine is gonna be the only answer like this :ROFLMAO:,
mainly auto cos its easier with my disability,
i drive with hand controls, pull/push accelerator brake, so auto is easier ,
i have driven manual when i had my dimma widebody clio years ago,
but cost of clutch kit was between 5 and 6k in pounds sterling,
so technically a manual converted to a semi auto,clutch engage/ disengage but still have to work the stick,
engage disengage adjustable on the go via sport/economy style switch and sesitivity knob,
so imagine yer bangin gears and steering and working accelerator/brake all with yer hands (y):ROFLMAO:,
clio was the only manual i had , auto much easier and cheaper,
pull/push accelerator /brake hand cntrols around £600 a set and car specific,
so all cars except clio have been auto, and i had a lot of cars over the years :ROFLMAO:

Good few years back a mate of mine lost his left ? ?‍♂️ he had his manual modded ?? so he had a leaver as brake and throttle ? right foot for the clutch ? i drove it a few times ??
i bet mine is gonna be the only answer like this :ROFLMAO:,
mainly auto cos its easier with my disability,
i drive with hand controls, pull/push accelerator brake, so auto is easier ,
i have driven manual when i had my dimma widebody clio years ago,
but cost of clutch kit was between 5 and 6k in pounds sterling,
so technically a manual converted to a semi auto,clutch engage/ disengage but still have to work the stick,
engage disengage adjustable on the go via sport/economy style switch and sesitivity knob,
so imagine yer bangin gears and steering and working accelerator/brake all with yer hands (y):ROFLMAO:,
clio was the only manual i had , auto much easier and cheaper,
pull/push accelerator /brake hand cntrols around £600 a set and car specific,
so all cars except clio have been auto, and i had a lot of cars over the years :ROFLMAO:
Sounds similar ?

That's understandable mate, I had to do an enhanced inspection on a hand control van for a lady, didnt have a place to sit, as the driver seat was removed so her chair could be put into position and clipped fast. Then I needed a road map to figure the controls out. Ended up having her drive it for the test drive. Still failed the braking distance test. Had to ship it back to the lot that repaired it from her crash. What a pain it was. But in the end she had wheels and was able to get around quite well with it. Kept her independent. Quite a nasty lady, but very self sufficient.

6 speed manual for me.
Wifes is auto.
Doug's right.
Down here just about everything is auto standard and you have to order manuals.
It used to be the other way round.

Good few years back a mate of mine lost his left ? ?‍♂️ he had his manual modded ?? so he had a leaver as brake and throttle ? right foot for the clutch ? i drove it a few times ??

Sounds similar ?
yeh accelerator /brake lever doodad the same as yer mates then doug (y) ,
so yeh yer mates would be an easier conversion wi him still using a leg for the clutch. just the clutch swapped to right side of footwell i bet,
pull/push acclerator/brake hand controls are super sensitive these days as well, anyone that drives mine using hand controls (pedals are still there as well )
they usually poop there sens cos its straight to warp speed with a slight pull on the lever :ROFLMAO:

Guy I seen driving a newer chevy duraturd diesel, with a wheel chair hoist mounted to the bed, had the hand throttle/brake set up in it, but he had a second throttle control rigged up so he could do burnouts with it, little wheel hed spin on the lever to throttle it up, was quite ingenious.

forgot to add this with all the hand control/clutch conversion stuff,
i owned the manual converted widebody clio for over 9 years and loved it,
i prefer manual, but its a cost thing when all said and done in my case :LOL:,

I hold a class A with every endorsement other than hazmat. Took the test passed but didn't want to bother as my job doesn't require it and im not paying money and retest every 2 years

How about a Torqueflight auto but it has a manual valve body. Where does that leave me? It doesn't shift as a auto and only works when I shift it. Something to mess with you guys.
Dude that’s an SMG. BMW and Lamborghini did them and they were horrible. They were an automated manual and if you didn’t look after them or shift into neutral when stationary you’d break them quick. Gen 1 R8s were the same.

I hold a class A with every endorsement other than hazmat. Took the test passed but didn't want to bother as my job doesn't require it and im not paying money and retest every 2 years
don't need to retest every 2 years unless you have the bus endorsement, and tbh that's a waste of your not a bus or coach driver. I just had to reup my dot medical card, that was a ball ache. I don't need it for my current job, but need to keep it up for my inspection license to be valid for anything over 26k and trailers over 17k.
Dude that’s an SMG. BMW and Lamborghini did them and they were horrible. They were an automated manual and if you didn’t look after them or shift into neutral when stationary you’d break them quick. Gen 1 R8s were the same.
Hes talking about a manual valve body in an automatic, been done for years and years.

Nj may differ? I was told when you had to renew your cdl you had to retest on hazmat. And yea cdl physicals blow I get white coat syndrome so my blood pressure is higher so they put me in a room with the lights out to clam me down and check my blood pressure :ROFLMAO: ?‍♂️...my job pays for the physicals and cdl renewal as its part of my job requirements

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks