Duratrax Bandito on road tires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyb

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience running these tires,
https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratrax-bandito-b5-tire-front-2-dtxc5002/p642711

I have a Losi B and looking to run it on pavement a bit, the area we run is not very clean and dry right now so I don't know if a set of slicks(Hostiles) would work very well so was thinking of something with tread, or maybe a set of HPI Tarmacs or Madmaxs? Any other suggestions would be appreciated..

Thank you,
James..

Last edited:
Thank you dougstar and Seandonato73, I am just getting back into 1/5 scale after selling off my Baja 5BSS years ago, friend got me hooked again. I tried to find some reviews on the DuraTrax tires, they produce them for 1/10,1/8 and the 1/5 scale but couldn't find really anything. I think I will order a set and try them out. Price isn't too bad but our Canuck buck sucks. I have few sets of BAJA 5B rims left over, I recall reading and as dougstar mentioned clearance issues on the rear with the wider rear rim/tire of the BAJA when installed on the LOSI, they clear when static but rub when running, would running the BAJA fronts all the way around still have problems or just get wideners and run narrow fronts and wide rear, would the Silverback or DDM beadlocks provide enough clearance on the BAJA rims without wideners? I think these are a bit smaller in diameter(10mm,3/8") but can always try different gearing . The Madmaxs seem to recommend for warm or hot applications so do not think they would work very well until late spring here..

Thanks,
James..

I would personally get another set of losi wheels and put the new tires on them. I have a dbxl so I cant say to clearance issues. I also run extended hubs. I do however have hpi baja size tires on it. The fronts are the size you would be looking for. The rears may give you clearance issues.

I personally would not buy another set of duratrax tires. They are rediculously soft and don't hold up long. I had a set of duratrax sixpacks on my baja and ripped the side out of one of the rears on a small stick?

I have a dbxl with extended hubs and rear Baja wheels on all 4 corners running Duratrax Six Pack b5 tires. No issues here.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks