Dyno time 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read dozens of times about obr figures on hp on loads of forums.. Also read about numerous engine failures too...
Hence I bought a g4z engine. I tried and tried to find a bad review of their engines and didn't find one !!!
Not always wise to follow the masses...
Obr is good people. I bought a 34 reed from them and on the second tank my exhaust bolts came loose and I injested a poop load of dirt into my engine. I called them to buy a rebuild kit explained what happened and they sent me a kit for free. To me that means much more than some random internet review who is for all I know a complete moron and poophole that would rather put a company on blast with a forum review or Facebook post than call a company and ask for help.

It's always annoyed me that there's nobody out there doing 3rd party checks on these numbers. I don't trust Simons dyno one bit nor I bet would OBR. There should be a 3rd party with procedures everyone can agree on. If I'm not mistaken everyone's dyno is different in some way. I wonder if Zenoah would accept taking on doing dyno results?
He’s a twat for not selling pipes to vendors in usa. This would be why I do not own one. I buy poop from usa only.

The guys not a businessman he's a bizness, maaan. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think that obr Declares powers for its unrealistic engines, il you see ESP for a 34 cc engine declares only 6.6 CV

Hi All , thought id jump on here and clear some things up with my homemade dyno as there is was not a plethora of choice out there over 10yrs ago of small hp inertia dyno's 1-10 hp reliably unlike now where it seems everyone has one or knows what they are doing . Only option a the time was to design my own using commercially available data logging system with barometer for more reliable results , Dyno reads to with in under 0.3 hp of claimed factory hp ratings so id say it was pretty close, are these factory figures on a brand new engine or a run in engine as correct info is hard to find. All if my personal figures are based off factory engines and their stock mufflers and then what one of my expansion chambers will increase performance to which on average is almost up to a 50% gain on most of the common engine sizes . The test of a certain manufactures engine was not a surprise to me but seems to be to most , Maybe customers should ask more questions of what these motors make ,what was the set up of carbs intakes pipes to get their figures and can these figures be supplied for future tuning improvements or comparisons . You can say dyno's aren't the same which is fact , people are biased , he has a grudge , there motors are better , but when a dyno reads the same reliable repeatable figures over and over and i could put a name brand on and test and it gives a figure below the expected then a stock motor run after should also read below their figures as well ?The motor in question sounded strong and pulled hard was smooth and didn't cook clutches i cant fault it but if it was making significantly more i would have been having clutch slip and jagged readouts and higher ratings . Over the years of testing what i have found that most of the ported motors rev quicker make on average 2000 rpm more than stock have a hp gain , chambers will make the same power on most engines at what they are designed to suit whatever application the customer requires some want a top end pipe some want a mid range some like bottom end some don't know and go with what the internet says and tune the other important factors to suit the combo like gearing and clutch engagement . Most of my tests and comparisons of my pipes are on the common engine combinations i have put out there over the years which i seem to be the only one , Zen 32 , claimed 3.2hp with stock muffler out of the box reading was 2.9 hp , so add stroking it ,reed cases , velocity sacks, carbs and then average 50% gain over stock muffler with an expansion chamber , wheres the biggest hp mod ?

Last edited:
Hi All , thought id jump on here and clear some things up with my homemade dyno as there is was not a plethora of choice out there over 10yrs ago of small hp inertia dyno's 1-10 hp reliably unlike now where it seems everyone has one or knows what they are doing . Only option a the time was to design my own using commercially available data logging system with barometer for more reliable results , Dyno reads to with in under 0.3 hp of claimed factory hp ratings so id say it was pretty close, are these factory figures on a brand new engine or a run in engine as correct info is hard to find. All if my personal figures are based off factory engines and their stock mufflers and then what one of my expansion chambers will increase performance to which on average is almost up to a 50% gain on most of the common engine sizes . The test of a certain manufactures engine was not a surprise to me but seems to be to most , Maybe customers should ask more questions of what these motors make ,what was the set up of carbs intakes pies to get their figures and can these figures be supplied for future tuning improvements or comparisons . You can say dyno's aren't the same which is fact , people are biased , he has a grudge , there motors are better , but when a dyno reads the same reliable repeatable figures over and over and i could put a name brand on and test and it gives a figure below the expected then a stock motor run after should also read below their figures as well ?The motor in question sounded strong and pulled hard was smooth and didn't cook clutches i cant fault it but if it was making significantly more i would have been having clutch slip and jagged readouts and higher ratings . Over the years of testing what i have found that most of the ported motors rev quicker make on average 2000 rpm more than stock have a hp gain , chambers will make the same power on most engines at what they are designed to suit whatever application the customer requires some want a top end pipe some want a mid range some like bottom end some don't know and go with it and tune the other important factors to suit the combo like gearing . Most of my tests and comparisons of my pipes are on the common engine combinations i have put out there over the years which i seem to be the only one , Zen 32 , claimed 3.2hp with stock muffler out of the box reading was 2.9 hp , so add stroking it ,reed cases , velocity sacks, carbs and then average 50% gain over stock muffler with an expansion chamber , wheres the biggest hp mod ?
Your numbers didn’t surprise me. I figured all engines were pretty similar. I think most of the push back is that it doesn’t matter. anyone that has been in this hobby for a long time knows that a 34 reed can’t go over 2x the speed of a zen 32 or pull that much harder out of the hole. Your pipes are the best👍 That’s all we care about just make it easier for guys in the states to get them🤣🤣 also I’ll take two of Doug’s mcd pipes if you put them into production.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks