Dynomometer low cost ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd largely think the dom is hindering the power output, they arnt bad pipes, just not what dreams are made of. I would also say you'll loose a good bit of hp, with an unmodified can. This is typically a big restriction on saws, so we mod them for different things, location of the outlet pipe. Size of outlet, and how far the outlet pipe sticks inside the can effects how the engine runs. I'm truthfully surprised there wasnt much of a difference between the two top ends.
well I can now compare the DOM V1 to the Rovan pipe lol ! Ya a can will always limit power , My brother ran Can Class in Karts very momentum class because of low power.

Last edited:
Im gunna say clutch is only going to benefit being on the truck. Smooth engagement and don't shock your recording equipment..clean up the friction surface with fine sand paper or scouring pad

Im gunna say clutch is only going to benefit being on the truck. Smooth engagement and don't shock your recording equipment..clean up the friction surface with fine sand paper or scouring pad
I'll see what it does , I might have to put some rubber under the load point to keep it from being noisy ? Damn I should have checked the bell out when I had It apart ! .

Dafaq.... I have the fs metal clutch with an 8500 spring and it does good. But I can't say I have have had issues with any of the previous clutches... ddm has a 19.99 sale on fs metal clutch right now you should grab one

Dafaq.... I have the fs metal clutch with an 8500 spring and it does good. But I can't say I have have had issues with any of the previous clutches... ddm has a 19.99 sale on fs metal clutch right now you should grab one
I was just looking at that clutch set.; lets see what it does tomorrow , I'll video the run

I'm not sure if that will fix the problem. As far as I know the all metal clutches just last longer, not really bite harder. I didn't notice a difference when going from a fs to a zen padded type clutch. And slippage with an all metal clutch will probably destroy the bell with heat.

thats why you test stuff , thats the whole point of this thing really ! be able to compare parts H.P. #'s , Pipes , porting etc.

I think Im gonna get various clutch springs to test , I think a higher rpm spring will get the motor more " ON THE PIPE" power band maybe like 9500 rpm etc. ??

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks