Electro conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorisee

Could anybody share soms tips re an electric conversion kit for my Marder?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

I found fg68510 conversion kit listed on the modellsport website. Seems to be compatible.

I agree with the others the MAX5 hobby wing is a solid esc if 8s 200amps is all you need.
The ESC runs reliably, stays cool under heavy load, and cranks out plenty of power.
I have been very supprised by the quality and power of the Leopard 1/5 scale motors, but there are plenty of other options. If you have a specific speed and power in mind I'd be happy to offer some advice on the electronics setup.

I think the Leopard 5882 (1350kv) is the ideal motor for 6s with the potential to safely run 8s later if you wanted. It also happens to be reasonably priced and much lighter than some of the larger motors.
Either the Max6 or Max5 ESC would be great for this. The Max6 is a good bit smaller rated at 160amps versus 200amps for the Max5.
Im sure there might be another ESC option which you could save $40 on but would it be as reliable and powerful? I think its worth the cost.
If you could get your hands on a Castle XL-X at a good price, I think that it is a great option and has some amazing tuning via usb/pc.

Looks like the Marder runs a 50T spur? I think a 20T pinion would work great with this. (of course you can adjust that gear ratio)

160 amps * (4.2volts per cell * 6 cells=25.2 volts) = 4032 watts
less thermal efficiency and other factors (-10%) lets call it 3628 watts
3628/746 = 4.86hp

If you moved up to the Max5 esc (at 200amps) still on 6s that number goes up to 6.08hp

Going to 8s would then push you into the 8-9 hp range.

-Liberty

Thanks for the detailed advice. Seems like a solid future proof solution. The motor is relatively cheap so I will get that. Is itnorml to buy e ESC twice the price of the motor?

Sometimes all depends on what kind of esc you want. Motors are cheaper to make. Just some magnets and copper windings. (Simplified version) esc have all kinds of electronics wrapped into a tiny little space. That all adds up the cost real fast.
And x2 on the castle xl-x I have one and love it. Running 6s in my savage xl with it. Very easy to program. No issues to date.

I cant find the leopard motor in the Netherlands. If I buy from a US shop I think I don't have warranty

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks