Engine dies at half throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakeyone1

I have a new SCZ 29cc motor with an 1107 carb. It starts and idles just fine but when I try to take it past half throttle it will die. If I release it quickly it will continue running. It's just fine until I reach a certain throttle position.
Any Ideas?

I have a new SCZ 29cc motor with an 1107 carb. It starts and idles just fine but when I try to take it past half throttle it will die. If I release it quickly it will continue running. It's just fine until I reach a certain throttle position.
Any Ideas?

I had the same problem with an 1107 on a 29cc.
Changed to a 668 and it never happened again.
I think the 1107 is just too much carby for a 29cc and it keeps bogging it.

Any Ideas?

The first step you need to do is figure out weather your high speed circut is too rich or too lean. Generally speaking if attempting full throttle you observe sputtering and it abruptly dies thats too lean. If your too rich you will observe limited rpm's the engine exhaust tone will sound deep and burbly. Listening to the exhaust tone gives you clues as to what the issue is.

The first step you need to do is figure out weather your high speed circut is too rich or too lean. Generally speaking if attempting full throttle you observe sputtering and it abruptly dies thats too lean. If your too rich you will observe limited rpm's the engine exhaust tone will sound deep and burbly. Listening to the exhaust tone gives you clues as to what the issue is.

Mine bogged no matter how much I leaned it.

Sure it's just out of tune, try opening the high speed needle, maybe carb is got gummed up or blocked. Fuel line kinked, blocked or cracked. Air filter blocked of over oiled? Don't give up on it if it can run and idle, just sit back, have a refreshment of you choice, start back to the basics, base settings, gasket leaks. When you figure it out it will be rewarding. Make sure to have lots of refreshments and take a break often, make sure your at home if alcohol is in your refreshment. Lol
The breaks will give you a chance to think...or get to the point of falling down drunk. Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks