Engine dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevTrem

As title says I have a dilemma.
Do I put fuel in the truck in the morning and get a GPS speed reading of the current engine and then swap engines etc.
Or do I swap engines first, then go do a run in on the field??

Opinions needed, ps wife is aware tomorrow morning RC workshop time.

So it's current top speed on the 30 degrees north engine is 36mph, grass was wet, its 13.5 degrees Celsius, was 8.30am and running 19tooth pinion.

Quick video, only had about 15 mins out anyways to get engine warm before giving it the beans.

She's doing her warm up cycle lads. 20210904_104251.jpg
Well had a quick bash on the field.
Initial thoughts are it's a torquey engine that doesn't bog like the 29cc did. Also it starts so much easier than any engine I've tried to start,
I haven't tried tuning it yet. Gonna get a tank or 2 through it before I start tuning it.

So for reference this is the Zenoah G320 with the 1107 carb using a 30 degrees north air filter, a 30 degrees north exhaust and on a 19tooth pinion running 30:1 fuel ratio.

Last edited:
Here another video I forgot to upload onto YouTube the other day.
This was fully warmed up and after a couple of heat cycles.
Just having fun with varying rpms and not holding constant throttle. This engine throws the truck around a lot better than the 29cc.

Ps comment at the end was to a woman with a Jack Russel Terrier asking if she could attach the dog to the truck

It drifts beautifully Spents, was a bit weird though, I could control the truck and put it where I wanted too, the 6000 rpm clutch bites early which means I spend less time free wheeling. I suspect the 6500 rpm clutch I had fitted to the last engine was infact an 8000 rpm clutch as it took a lot longer to engage.

Sunday on a Monday huh? :LOL: 🤷‍♂️ .... your rig definitely has more speed potential, what's your goal for the truck/speed?
Only my mam calls me Kevin and usually when I'm getting wrong and generally on a Sunday lol.

I don't have a goal for top speed, but be nice to be in the 40's. Interested to see what it runs at once ran in and tuned on the 19t pinion.

Kev I'd be curious to see if a clone pipe was made properly to help power or its ultimately hurting you. 2 stroke pipe design and length is critical to help the engine make more power as well as help clear and scavenge the next fuel/air charge..I feel i wasn't getting the potential with the KM pipe I had originally before coming here so i took it off

Last edited:
Well been out for a tank this morning and started tuning half way through it.
Fastest I saw was 37mph, so it's a little quicker top end than the 29cc I had in there, but the acceleration is a lot better and just the feel of the truck has changed.
Also done a partial strip down after the bash this morning to find loose drive pins, luckily the large O rings stopped them buggering off, also noticed a few loose screws on the besdlocks.
Gonna freshen the diffs and shocks this week ready for the weekend.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks