Engine Removal Tips, Zenoah G320RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josegarcia8578

Hi all,
I purchased the outweras flywheel cover as well as the pull start cover, the install requires engine removal. Anything I should be aware of when removing he engine from the losi 2.0? Do I need to worry about the gear mesh? Or is that set by the fastener inserts?
I'm asking because the first time I removed a big block engine, I had a lot of rookie mistakes, such as not knowing about gear mesh, etc. I want to be able to remove and reinstall the engine without messing anything up. Tips?

@crucialRC , yeah I was thinking about using blue loctice. I'll do that

Yeah, I have the Killer Rc switch. I installed iteithout having to fully take off the engine!

But I will now have to take it off to install the flywheel cover

@crucialRC , yeah I was thinking about using blue loctice. I'll do that

Yeah, I have the Killer Rc switch. I installed iteithout having to fully take off the engine!

But I will now have to take it off to install the flywheel cover
Cool cause I was going to say now would be the best time. :unsure: Why do you have to take it off? Just disconnect it from the receiver.

Hold up. What’s a flywheel cover?

Oh, you mean the crankcase cover. You should route the KS cable right out of the plastic, just left of the coil up high. If that makes sense. You should be able to put the crankcase cover on with the KS wire unplugged from the receiver and just hanging.

Last edited:
I see the confusion! My grammar was bad and when I said "But I will now have to take it off to install the flywheel cover " I was referring to the engine itself, not the KS like he grammar made it seemed like.

Yeah, I setup the KS cable the way you described it. Anyways, yeah, that's the plan. I will just unplug the gray KS cable from the receiver. I did

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks