Faulty Carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
Anyone ever have a bad Walbro carb outta the box?

I've got a 990 on my g320 and it won't hold a tune for chit. I can get it tuned but it just won't hold it. Every weekend I run it I get it close to where I want it and then the following week it'll run lean and I gotta do it all over again. At this point I've got to be over 1 1/2 turns out on the low end. It typically starts and idles the way I left it but after a few laps it just gets super lean and I have to richen, this is every time I go to run it. Yesterday I flipped the truck during a turn, go and flip it back over and the engine just went super lean (not normal) richened the low end 1/8 and back to the way it was. 2 laps in and I had to turn it in 1/8. Damn thing just won't hold a setting.

In the process now of changing some possible causes, ordered billet insulator to replace plastic one and all new heavy duty gaskets. Cleaned carb and air filter already, that didn't help. No scoring on the piston when I peaked in.

Could a failing ignition cause an issue like this?

I have monster, it came with my g340 red arrow engine. Mine was holding the engine back from revving out and tuning was very narrow on the carb meaning a adjusting the needles a hair would make it worse.

don't bother with the aluminum insulator I just had to take mine off because the heat in the summer made me have issues with vapor locking my carb and boiling the fuel in the primer bulb
paging @Seandonato73

Is ur tank vented good??
Oi when you piss off batman then batman no longer shows up for you din lou

paging @Seandonato73

Is ur tank vented good??

Yes it's vented and the vent it working.

I have monster, it came with my g340 red arrow engine. Mine was holding the engine back from revving out and tuning was very narrow on the carb meaning a adjusting the needles a hair would make it worse.

don't bother with the aluminum insulator I just had to take mine off because the heat in the summer made me have issues with vapor locking my carb and boiling the fuel in the primer bulb

Ok noted, I'll have to contact DDM if the new parts don't fix the issue. Just that it's over a month old now.

I'm going to swap the insulator for billet so I don't have worries of melting the plastic one or are you saying I should just have extra plastic ones on hand? Guy at the track last weekend lost a race due to melted/warped insulator, I don't want that to happen to me. I push my rig as hard as it will go.

If the insulator is from ddm its a waste. Get it from OBR...I just took my ddm insulator off because I couldn't use their delrin gaskets because the whole intake with the carb would get loose quickly. Obr has a better solution
I can't find one on OBR's page and yes I'm not excited about those delrin gaskets either. I've used in past and they leak air.

Traveling for a race this coming Sunday and don't know if OBR will get me this in time. I'm gonna need a day to retune the truck before I go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks