Faulty Carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll say it once junkie. When you eliminate the terrible delrin gaskets ddm gives you because the carb and intake gets loose your effectively taking away the point of those gaskets. The aluminum is now conducting the heat from the head and its traveling to the carb. Like I said ive had this happen and the carb was extremely hot and it vapor locked to the point I couldn't even prime the bulb and what little fuel was in there was boiling

Hey rep, I may have a solution for thise derlin spacers. I was digging through my carb parts box (working on a saw lol) found some real thin paper gaskets that matched up with a wt carb. I had thought about using one on either side of the derlin spacer. Wouldn't take up much room, and I think I have the perfect glue to use on the spacer side to keep them sealed up. I'll have to play with it when I get a free moment, and then I'll have to remember where I got the gaskets and get a few more ordered.

not a bad idea sean. my issue was the large TR air box hanging off the carb and the other issue was i could not get the proper "torque" because the delrin or whatever they use kept wanting to squish rather than stay rigid

not a bad idea sean. my issue was the large TR air box hanging off the carb and the other issue was i could not get the proper "torque" because the delrin or whatever they use kept wanting to squish rather than stay rigid
The moped idiots use a similar airbox set up as the tr box, but they have a little bracket to support the housing, I've often thought about making something for it, but it never seemed to be an issue ad for ad too much weight with normal gaskets.

Why do I want a choke? I like just priming the motor with a couple of half pulls rather than having to play with a choke lever. If I have to end up going the route of another carb it's gonna be the 1242.

Your not loosing any performance with the choke, the 1107 has a larger bore so will flow more air then a 990, if the choke offends you just don't use it. I like simple and reliable. The choke makes starting simple, and the 1107 has proven to be much more reliable then the current batch of 990 carbs. I don't understand it, as they were pretty much interchangeable for the longest time, save for being a pain to start a 990 carbed engine, but we've seen many, many, guys complain about new pit of box 990 issues over the past few months.

I like reliable! I reached out to see if I can warranty this 990. Will see what happens. Traveling for a race this weekend and this thing is giving me stress. I think I might have to just throw a 668 in there for time being.

Is a modded carb worth it on a stock engine ?
I don’t own any stock engines. I have;

Dark Soul Sikk 26cc
BZM 26cc with light weight piston.
3 x 34cc, Oddified, Scott Finlay and an ESP head kit to go on either a Zen 32 I have or a new Reed block.
Finally a 40cc Scott Finlay.

And I’ll get an RCMAX one of these days to go in an MCD.

So I think I’m good. 👍🏽

I don’t own any stock engines. I have;

Dark Soul Sikk 26cc
BZM 26cc with light weight piston.
3 x 34cc, Oddified, Scott Finlay and an ESP head kit to go on either a Zen 32 I have or a new Reed block.
Finally a 40cc Scott Finlay.

And I’ll get an RCMAX one of these days to go in an MCD.

So I think I’m good. 👍🏽
Wow thanks for that flex 🤣

Wow thanks for that flex 🤣

I forgot to answer your question, no it’s not worth putting a modded 990 carb on a standard engine, it can handle the 34cc easily and up to 65cc according to RCMAX.

I’ll be using it on my 40 most likely as that has a modded Tillotson and I want to compare. I’ll probably tinker with my ECU as well to see if it’s snake oil or not. I’ve heard mixed reviews but proof is in the pudding.

Every day is a school day junior, you have two ears and one mouth. Remember to use them prportionally.👍🏾

Without reading all the replies, it sounds (going buy your first post) you have a tiny air leak. Somewhere, between gaskets, or in venturi (per se,)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks