FG adapters to run HPI Paddles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I just measured with a tape the track width is with just the adapters 9mm a side less so overall 18mm, with the 9mm square your back to the same track as using the standard 14mm square.

sorry picture is crap but you can just make out the difference, the fg wheel is mounted on a 17mm square (what i usually use front and rear) so imagine 3mm less on that side. Paddle side is with just the ramtech adapter
dsc00030sr4.jpg

and 9mm square spacer
dsc00031ds4.jpg
Looks slick mate, can you get a piccie up of all 4 on please :D?

I'll get some pics with them on and the paddles..i got the dirtbusters for the front right now...just give me a day or 2..working on the rampage at the mo, fg time after that...have a few repairs to do on the fg after my last outing including rear discs, I planned on going to the sand pit anyhow for next run so I'll bolt them on.

I'll get some pics with them on and the paddles..i got the dirtbusters for the front right now...just give me a day or 2..working on the rampage at the mo, fg time after that...have a few repairs to do on the fg after my last outing including rear discs, I planned on going to the sand pit anyhow for next run so I'll bolt them on.

Thanks mate it wil be much appreciated if you can do it as im wanting a set myself.

Craig

I threw the wheels on quick, 9mm square on back, 14mm square on front...i got the 65mm axles with 2 c clip grooves so i can use the 14mm squares and have enough length to grind the flats longer.
Without the squares behind them the stance is too narrow
dsc00173ft1.jpg

dsc00177mm0.jpg

dsc00171lm4.jpg

dsc00174jy1.jpg

I got my adapters installed...Going to give them a good work out on the firehammer..
with the baja wheels .....Slawhammer.............

Well first run out today with the adapters and full set of dirtbuster, It went well till i stripped a gear :(

2h5s9d2.jpg

s1mbec.jpg

What I did notice was the increased grip up front on cornering and more traction at the back, I had to be very gentle cornering or the thing was up on 2 wheels and over may need to add a spacer to widen the stance a little. There is also a slight change in gearing as the wheels are larger.

Yup..now ya know why we use metal gears.....But that is a good weak point(Plastic gear)
as not to do damage to the rear diff internals.....Slawhammer............

you want a 9mm square on the rear and 14mm square on the front for spacers...you'll have to grind the flats longer on the axles and you'll need 65mm axles on the front...this will widen the stance to 2mm over the fgbaja track...makes it way more stable.

you want a 9mm square on the rear and 14mm square on the front for spacers...you'll have to grind the flats longer on the axles and you'll need 65mm axles on the front...this will widen the stance to 2mm over the fgbaja track...makes it way more stable.

Awesome, something to be done going forward

The original thoery was to remove the square drive and use the set screws into the adapters.

But, some people leave the squares on there and grind new flats for the adapters. That gets you come more tire width.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks