fg build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn this thread makes me wanna ditch one of my baja's and get an fg tc but my whole fear is ordering parts from Europe Damn nice thread tho.

Sharkey, thanks for the info on the fg/carson cable brakes, got them fittited on the rear end, car brakes killer now and looks even better now with front and rear disc brakes. (painted all calipers red!!):w00t:

if you read through the whole thread you will find most of the comp/evo stuff isnt a direct bolt on, but rather with some ingenuity you can make everything work together. control arms will bolt right on, however the comp/evo chassis isnt quite the same.

not much has changed since the last pics. ive run it up and down the road a bit to seat the ring in, haven't had any good weater to take it out for a real run. in the last 2 days we have had hurricane force winds, massive rain, hail, and snow, it looks like it'll be a while yet before i get a chance to run it.

for general car park bashing what tyres do you recomend i wont be using these for drifting but normal lap style under control driving i want something thats got good grip but wont wear out to fast plus when are the tyres no good ive got a few that are slick or do you keep using them till they fall off

i run the older out of production pegaso tires and wheels. i find on a parking lot, softer is better, run one compound harder in the front than the back. on a cool day ill run 15s front and 10 rears, if it warms up ill put the 15s on the rear and 20s front, and in hot weather ill put 27 fronts and 20 rears, but its gotta be blazing hot for that.

grp tires work well too from what ive seen. its best to follow the tire temp chart for selection.

i run them till cords are hanging out, then ill keep running them till they don't have enough grip left. then ill use em for burnouts

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks