fg monster bettle pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't blame you not wanting to hack the shell, you done a really nice job on it. I have the FG pipe and 4wd kit on my beetle & both work well. The 4wd kit totally transforms the handling and almost completely eliminates any grip roll that the 2wds suffer with, highly recommended!

Any alloy servo horn should be fine doesn't have to be the FG one, Was the very 1st upgrade i did, infact i didnt even run my FG until i fitted alloy horns as plastic ones are weak.

Getting ready to go 4wd i wanted to order a few parts before i bought the kit so i can do a solid build. I order the alloy pulley and gear carrier and i plan on ordering a alloy diff is there anything else you guys recommend for the driveline? I am also in need of brakes should i go with tuning brakes or non tuning brakes for the front?

Decided to hold of on doing the brakes just yet and finally ordered my fg 4wd kit. It took me a while to finally convince my self to just go ahead and get it.

You wont regret it mate, in 4wd form you can really throw it into the corners and get on the power early coming out so the speed you can carry is amazing and it pretty much eliminates the dreaded grip roll :D The only thing thing I found was the stock shocks supplied with the kit for the front end (longer than the 2wd shocks) were absolute shite so I used a set of stock rears out of my spares that I knew worked ok. I went with the stiffer springs up front and the softer springs at the rear to help keep it more stable in the corners rather than the other way round which it tells you in the instructions.

I have the tuning brake on all of mine and its a good set up providing you have a decent servo. I would say min 15kg of torque to get the best out of it.

to be honest mate id avoid the 2 speed kit, more hastle than its worth especially for general bashing off-road carnage.

A decent tuned pipe will be more than sufficient, im running an FG tuned pipe along with a stock zen 29-4bolt & love it.

couple of other things to consider if your going the full alloy route like myself:

Alloy..
Engine mounts (large & small)
Front & rear hubs (more so the front as they have a tendency of threads stripping)
Rear lower arms (Elcon do fixed arms which are MUCH better than the normal ones as they do away with the ball joints & are much stronger, problem is that the mounts are hard to get heres some pics:)

Wishbone
RIGHT: http://www.elcon-models.com/product.php?id_product=140
LEFT: http://www.elcon-models.com/product.php?id_product=138
Mount:
Lower-wishbone-mount-set-L-R_2.jpg

atm elcon are doing the arms with a 50% sale on them so a right bargain! about 30 euro each.. so for the 2 arms about £50 & as we all know elcon is the best alloy out there for our FG's :) but like i say the hard part is finding some mounts but they do come up now & then on ebay so if i was you id buy the elcon arms now as theyre on sale so you have them then all you need to do is keep ya eyes open on ebay for the mounts then ya set to go :)

Last edited:
The 2 speed i was running on the truck before i did the kit so i would like to keep it on there. I have the fg steel power pipe, great pipe i must say i did upgrade both differentials to alloy and alloy pulleys. I bought the brake 97 tuning brake kit but i still need the 7497 rear brake kit as well.

Maybe 40 min to idle first tank. I got half way threw the second tank when i realized the dog bone and out drive came out. I have never used loctite on any of my plastic parts before. I probably should have used some Ca glue on the screws and plastic.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks